Database Application Tools for FireDAC that ship with our products - check them out!
I received a comment on one of my blog posts from Wilfred Oluoch who was happy to see our renewed focus on development tools. He also said he would like to see a revamped "Database Desktop" style tool that works with InterBase/SQLite and other databases. Thank you Wilfred. We do have several database tools integrated into the IDE and also as standalone applications. Inside of the IDE you can use the Data Explorer to work with your FireDAC and dbExpress based database connections. Outside of the IDE we have three database application tools you can use with FireDAC database connections: FireDAC Explorer, FireDAC Administrator, FireDAC Monitor and FireDAC Executor. You'll find the first three applications in the product installation "bin" folder. The FireDAC Executor can be found in the Samples\Object Pascal\Database\FireDAC\Bin folder.
IDE Data Explorer
You can create, modify and browse FireDAC and dbExpress database connections inside of the IDE using the Data Explorer. You'll find the Data Explorer in the Project Manager View as a separate tab. In the Data Explorer you can browse database objects, view data, and run stored procedures. DocWiki entries that will help you:
- Using the Data Explorer - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/Browsing_a_Database_in_the_Data_Explorer
- Executing SQL in the Data Explorer - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/Executing_SQL_in_the_Data_Explorer
FireDAC database application tools
- FireDAC explorer (FDExplorer.exe) - a hierarchical database connection browser with data editing and SQL script execution capabilities.http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/FDExplorer
- FireDAC Administrator (FDAdministrator.exe) - tool you can use to manage FireDAC connection definitions. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/FDAdministrator
- FireDAC Monitor (FDMonitor.exe) - Tracing a communication between a FireDAC application and a Database Management System (DBMS) and exploring details of commands, parameters, states, execution statistics, and so on.http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/FDMonitor
- FireDAC Executor (FDExecutor.exe) - SQL script command line tool, supporting many SQL scripting dialects. FDExecutor supports: 1) Standard SQL commands, such as INSERT or SELECT, 2) Stored procedure language commands, such as CREATE PROCEDURE, 3) Script execution control commands, such as SPOOL, SET ECHO, and so on. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/FDExecutor
These tools work with all of the databases that FireDAC supports including InterBase, SQLite, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, etc. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/Database_Connectivity_(FireDAC)
Please login first in order for you to submit comments