Al Mannarino

Last login: 1 week ago
Profile viewed: 1,375 views

Your Rank: 90

Al Mannarino has liked an Event 3 weeks ago
Al Mannarino created new blog post Migrating is easier than you think! in Blogs 3 weeks ago

ParserAs an Embarcadero Software Consultant, I’m often asked to help migrate legacy Delphi and C++ Builder code to the current versions. Developers have commented that their migrations were easier than they thought! Her ...

InterBase2017InterBase 2017 ToGo Edition is a full-featured, multi-device embeddable database for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X that runs in a stand-alone environment but allows deployment of applications which directly utilize the InterBase engine DLLs. With no ...

WinRTClassesWindows 10 VCL Universal Windows Platform (UWP)/WinRT Services and Components has been added to the Run Time Library (RTL). For example, the

WinRTClassesWindows 10 VCL Universal Windows Platform (UWP)/WinRT Services and Components has been added to the Run Time Library (RTL). For example, the

CDataFireDACWhen we think of Salesforce, we typically think of its main use case; pulling together relevant information for sales so they can track and close deals. However, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems hold a great value f ...

Al Mannarino created new blog post C++ Builder Header Dependencies in Blogs 5 months ago

HeaderDependencyViewWhy should you care about header dependencies in C++?  One reason is header dependencies can have an impact on building, refactoring, testing and on the structure of your software. And reducing header dependencies in C++ also reduces ...

Al Mannarino created new blog post Deploying InterBase 2017 ToGo on Mac OS X in Blogs 5 months ago

IBTo2017GetItInterBase 2017 ToGo Edition is a full-featured, multi-device embeddable database for Windows, Linux and macOS that runs in a stand-alone environment but allows deployment of ...

MacOSX_IBWindowsMac client vs PC client, which is better?   With RAD Studio, Delphi or C++ Builder it really does not matter!   Building your app in RAD Studio eliminates the need to engage in multiple development efforts for the same appli ...

In general, there is no difference between moving non-BLOB and BLOB fields into an InterBase database, so any technique may be used, depending on your needs: 1. One technique is to use two regular

FDInterBaseParmsSometimes you have the need to create your InterBase database on the fly in code at runtime, for example, if a user downloads your application and runs the application for the first time, and your app needs to create and use a database with the ap ...

FieldEditorImagesI was asked today if RAD Studio had any easy way to insert a blob (picture image) into an InterBase blob column? This is one way of inserting blob data usi ...

ResponseDataSetAdapterOne basic question I get asked is how can I convert arbitrary JSON into some kind of data structure such that I can extract usefu ...

Al Mannarino created new blog post Use TRESTDataSetAdapter with arbitrary JSON in Blogs 7 months ago

ResponseDataSetAdapterOne basic question I get asked is how can I convert arbitrary JSON into some kind of data structure such that I can extract usefu ...

ParadoxI continue to get customer requests for options to migrate legacy RAD Studio, Delphi or C++ Builder applications using the Borland Database Engine (BDE) with Paradox and/o ...