Sherco Trials Rider
I got it to work. Instead of using a TFDQuery, use a TFDTable.
I have a TFDTable component named "TableEvents", and the tablename is "Events". Then use
TableEvents->SQL->Text = = "Alter table Events add NewField integer";
Thanks for the help. I read those forum posts, but I don't appear to have an "Exec()" function, I do have an "ExecSQL" which doesn't work. I don't see anywhere that I can set the user to ADMIN status. I'll keep trying! Thanks!
I am using ADS (Sybase - the old Advantage Database) tables with FireDac. I want to add fields at run time. In the past with the ADS components I used a TAdsQuery QueryTemp component
QueryTemp->SQL->Text = "Alter table Events add NewField integer";
The code above works with fine with TAdsQuery. But my new application uses FireDac with ADS tables and the above code fails and throws an exception.
I also tried adding the field directly from the TFDTable component
TFDTable TableEvents component exists on the Datamodule form
TableEvents->FieldDefs->Add("NewField", ftInteger, 0, false); // Field is not created, no exception is thrown
Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thank you!
All of these fixes are just band aids that eventually fall off.
I have Rad Studio 10.1 with update 2. I use C++ exclusively.
The Edit Bin worked for me, then Windows does an update, and now I can't link again. Or even reboot and it will stop working. I know this doesn't make sense but that's how it is.
I've set the Data Execution Prevention to exclude "ilink32.exe", didn't work.
I've set the compatibility of bds.exe to WIN 7 (then the program won't even run).
I've set the ILINK32.exe and BDS.exe to RUN AS ADMIN, doesn't work.
All of the things above may work for a day or two, but none fix the problem.
I currently have a version that was edited with EDITBIN and it doesn't work, I get LME288 errors 100% of the time. So today I have been working for 5 hours and haven't been able to link even once.
I also deleted all files in the WIN32\Debug folder, still get LME288
Started RAD STUDIO with no project, loaded project, still have LME288 error.
About meWorked for PKWARE (PKZIP) for 10+ years. Had the original version of Turbo Pascal bought at a Babbages store in the mall. Have been using C++ Builder since version 1.0.
City / TownElm Grove