brent S791

Last login: 5 months ago
Profile viewed: 423 views

Your Rank: 84

brent S791 posted a comment on RAD Studio 10.2.2 Released Today 5 months ago

Can you guys tell me the date modified on your fmxaccessibility250.bpl in the bin, bin64 folder? Also, the bplfmxaccessibility250.dylib in binosx32? Mine is June 23rd 2017. After installing 10.2.2, compiling a FMX application set up for Accessibil

brent S791 created a new topic ' OSX MainMenu in Delphi XE8' in the forum. 3 years ago

How do I make the main menu show my application title? I think in the past before XE8, I just modified my CFBundleDisplayName. I am using TMainMenu and I've set my first menuitem to my application title too.

Thanks,
Brent
Read More...

brent S791 replied to the topic 'ShowModal on OSX, Delphi XE8' in the forum. 3 years ago

Ok, apparently I have to use this to free my form.

if Form2 <> nil then begin Form2.Free; // not sure if this does anything Form2 := nil; end; [,/code] I also have to get rid of this line in FormClose in Form2 or I will get an AV when closing with the border close button. [code] Action := TCloseAction.caFree; [,/code] Also, if using TMS[code]
if Form2 <> nil then begin
Form2.Free; // not sure if this does anything
Form2 := nil;
end;
[,/code]

I also have to get rid of this line in FormClose in Form2 or I will get an AV when closing with the border close button.

Action := TCloseAction.caFree; [,/code] Also, if using TMS[code]
Action := TCloseAction.caFree;
[,/code]

Also, if using TMS
Read More...

brent S791 created a new topic ' ShowModal on OSX, Delphi XE8' in the forum. 3 years ago

My question is about showing another form using ShowModal on OSX. I know the recommended way is to use this but I don't want the user clicking anything in the calling form. Plus this way also brings the calling form to the foreground if they happen to click it.

var
  dlg : TForm2
begin
  dlg := TForm2.Create(nil);
  dlg.ShowModal(procedure(ModalResult: TModalResult)
    begin
      if ModalResult = mrOK then
      dlg.DisposeOf;
    end);
end;

This way works great. The calling form is disabled and cannot be brought to the foreground. If I leave the border icons enabled and click the "Red" close button, I get an Access Violation. Is this a glitch?
 Form2 := TForm2.Create(nil);
 with Form2 do try
   ShowModal;
 finally
   if Form2 <> nil then
     FreeAndNil(Form2);
 end;

I have this in my FormClose event of Form2:

Test project attached

Thanks,
Brent

modaltest.zip
Read More...

brent S791 uploaded new file modaltest.zip in Forums 3 years ago
brent S791 created a new topic ' ShowModal on OSX, Delphi XE8' in the forum. 3 years ago

My question is about showing another form using ShowModal on OSX. I know the recommended way is to use this but I don't want the user clicking anything in the calling form. Plus this way also brings the calling form to the foreground if they happen to click it.

var
dlg : TForm2
begin
dlg := TForm2.Create(nil);
dlg.ShowModal(procedure(ModalResult: TModalResult)
begin
if ModalResult = mrOK then
dlg.DisposeOf;
end);
end;

This way works great. The calling form is disabled and cannot be brought to the foreground. If I leave the border icons enabled and click the "Red" close button, I get an Access Violation. Is this a glitch?

Form2 := TForm2.Create(nil);
with Form2 do try
ShowModal;
finally
if Form2 <> nil then
FreeAndNil(Form2);
end;

I have this in my FormClose event of Form2:

Thanks,
Brent
Read More...

brent S791 created a new topic ' TFDMemtable Encryption' in the forum. 3 years ago

Is it possible to encrypt the data when using SaveToFile?

Thanks,
Brent
Read More...

brent S791 replied to the topic 'How to keep application running on Android' in the forum. 3 years ago

Use the steps outlined here:

blogs.embarcadero.com/pawelglowacki/2013/09/30/40067

Regards,
Brent
Read More...

brent S791 started a new topic ShowModal on OSX, Delphi XE8 in PROGRAMMING with tag Delphi 2020 years ago

My question is about showing another form using ShowModal on OSX. I know the recommended way is to