Pat712

Last login: 4 years ago
Profile viewed: 654 views

Your Rank: 80

Pat712 created a new topic ' Will CX 10.3 community version allow 3rd party components?' in the forum. 4 years ago

Does the Community version of CX 10.3 Rio allow for the installation of 3rd party components and tools? I am referring to components from companies like TMS Software, EurekaLog, ComponentAce, IPWorks and so on. Are there any installation limits?

Read More...

Pat712 created a new topic ' Help setting up FastMM in C++Builder' in the forum. 4 years ago

I am trying to use FastMM version 4991 in C++Builde XE4 32bit VCL platform. I followed the usage instructions below but I am getting one error: [bcc32 Error] FastMM4BCB.cpp(63): E2528 pragma directive option -x must be set before compilation begins. I don't know what Option -x is. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Description:
FastMM support unit for C++ Builder. Loads FastMM4 on startup of the Borland
C++ Builder application or DLL.

Usage:
1) Copy FastMM4BCB.cpp, FastMM4.pas, FastMM4Message.pas, FastMM4Options.inc,
and FastMM_FullDebugMode.lib to your source folder.
2) Copy FastMM_FullDebugMode.dll to your application's .exe directory (if you
intend to use FullDebugMode).
3) To your project, add FastMM4Messages.pas first, then FastMM4.pas, then
FastMM4BCB.cpp. On compiling the .pas files, .hpp files are created and
imported by the subsequent files.
4) Add USEOBJ("FastMM4BCB.cpp") to your project file, BEFORE any other
USEFORM directives.
5) Under the Project -> Options -> Linker menu uncheck "Use Dynamic RTL"
(sorry, won't work with the RTL DLL).
FastMM will now install itself on startup and replace the RTL memory manager.

Read More...

Pat712 created a new topic ' Is there a C++ version of the Direct2D sample?' in the forum. 7 years ago

I am using C++B XE4 VCL. Unfortunately some of the best sample projects are Delphi only. I am converting my projects from GDI to Direct2D. The best Direct2D sample project named D2D.dproj seems to be Delphi. Does Embarcadero have a C++ version of this sample project? Is there anywhere I can download a C++ Version?
Read More...

Pat712 created a new topic ' New Warning on old code in C++B XE4' in the forum. 7 years ago

Below is a single line of code in a .cpp file. I am using VCL 32 bit platform in CB XE4. I am seeing the warning below for the first time which seems very odd. The code look correct and I am not sure what the compiler wants to see. Can you show the correct way to arrange the brackets.

MyBars MyNOBARS = { {NULL}, {0}, {0}, {0} };

[bcc32 Warning] myarray.cpp(25): W8061 Initialization is only partially bracketed

Thanks
Patrick
Read More...

Pat712 created a new topic ' Does XE8 support Firemonkey dockable forms?' in the forum. 7 years ago

Does XE8 support Firemonkey dockable forms? I do not see this in the NEW feature lists. If not, is there a sample app that show how to simulate dockable forms?
Read More...

Pat712 created a new topic ' W8084 Suggest parentheses to clarify precedence' in the forum. 8 years ago

I am using C++B XE4 VCL 32bit platform with Windows 7.

The assignment to the TAnchors() seen below is generating the warning: W8084 Suggest parentheses to clarify precedence. Can you show how to adjust this assignment so no warning is generated. Thanks.

Edit7->Anchors = TAnchors() << akLeft >> akTop >> akRight >> akBottom;
Read More...

Pat712 created a new topic ' Report #: 113637 [Windows 8] Nonshared DATA segm' in the forum. 8 years ago

I am using C++Builder XE4 with the 32 bit platform. Is there a fix or work around for the problem below?

Report From: Delphi-BCB/CodeGuard [ Add a report in this area ]
Report #: 113637 Status: Open
[Windows 8] Nonshared DATA segment required
Project: C++Builder Build #: 16.0.4504.48759
Version: 16.4 Submitted By: Allen Chen
Report Type: Basic functionality failure Date Reported: 3/12/2013 7:35:49 PM
Severity: Serious / Highly visible problem Last Updated: 3/13/2013 8:56:57 PM
Platform: All versions Internal Tracking #: 37198
Resolution: None (Resolution Comments) Resolved in Build: : None
Duplicate of: None
Voting and Rating
Overall Rating: (2 Total Ratings)
5.00 out of 5
Total Votes: 15
Description
[Windows 8] Nonshared DATA segment required

Added by Sysop
<<<<<<<
This issue occur only on Windows 8 if both CodeGuard and 'Link with Dynamic RTL' are enabled.
Please see comments of QC for more information.
>>>>>>>

I'm tried this way(Some information), but the error still exists.

Some information:

forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messa...9396&tstart=0#519396

forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messa...8099&tstart=0#528099
Read More...

Pat712 created a new topic ' How to Convert Class Completion code to CB' in the forum. 8 years ago

I am using CB XE4 VCL32 bit platform. I have run across a Delphi tutorial I want to convert to C++Builder but the tutorial uses the Delphi feature Class Completion which I believe is not available in CB. Is there any Embarcadero docs describing how to convert Delphi code that was created using the Class Completion feature?

This tutorial is the Dockable Forms 2 tutorial from Alister Christie at the youtube link below. Class Completion is activated at 6:15 time index
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNT_m1cnK38
Read More...

Pat712 created a new topic ' Is this community the new forums for C++Builder?' in the forum. 8 years ago

The other embarcadero forums for C++Builder and Delphi seem to be gone. Is this community the new forums for C++Builder?
Read More...