Dave D68348

Last login: 3 years ago
Profile viewed: 195 views

No Rank

Dave D68348 replied to the topic 'Delphi-2010 TSQLConnection Driver doesn't show SQLite3' in the forum. 3 years ago

Please allow me to clarify.

This is a working project originally written in TurboPascal for DOS using DBase. Over the decades it has evolved and now is written in Delphi2010 for Windows (32bit) using DBISAM.

For reasons too lengthy and not relevant to this forum, we wish to change from DBISAM to SQLite3.

From the many choices on the sqlite.com download page, I downloaded the sqlite3.dll (Precompiled Binaries for Windows 32-bit DLL (x86) for SQLite version 3.25.2.) and placed it in both the c:\system32 folder and the project source folder.

I started Delphi2010, loaded the application and placed a TSQLConnection on the form. In the Object Inspector I click on 'Drivers' and find BlackfishSQL, DataSnap, InterBase and MySQL but no sign of SQLite3. All the searches I've done assume that the TSQLConnection shows SQLite3 as a Driver choice.

I'm clearly missing an obvious step, what is it? How does Delphi2010 know to look for SQLite3?

Thanks,
Dave

Read More...

Dave D68348 created a new topic ' Delphi-2010 TSQLConnection Driver doesn't show SQLite3' in the forum. 3 years ago

SQLite3.dll is in the source folder and in System32, add TSQLConnection to unit, in the Object Inspector driver choices are BlackfishSQL, DataSnap, InterBase and MySQL but no sign of SQLite3. (This is an otherwise working project currently using DBISAM.) What am I missing? Thanks, Dave

Read More...