Hamid

Last login: 4 years ago
Profile viewed: 460 views

No Rank

Hamid replied to the topic 'Flush and release TFileStream' in the forum. 4 years ago

Thank you Remy for your advice. Great support.

Read More...

Hamid created a new topic ' Flush and release TFileStream' in the forum. 4 years ago

Hi,
I am using TFileStream to save big amount of data. Everything works fine except the fact that since the size of the data is big, I need to flush and release the filestream object so that I get no memory issue.
Please advise if there is any way to do that without needing to close and re-open the file (with append probably) to manage the memory usage?

Regards,
Hamidreza,

Read More...

Hamid replied to the topic 'Best class wrapper for for file operation' in the forum. 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for your replies. Agree and you are right. However, I believe one more wrapper is still needed to facilitate reading and writing more conveniently, which I am doing now. For example, I have developed another high-end wrapper class on top of System::Classes::TFileStream to initialize writer and reader (binary) and reading / writing pretty much typical variable types, such as int, double, AnsiString, UnicodeString, etc. This class can be more conveniently used to save data into and read from files.
This is just my idea...

My feedback may come from the fact that I am experienced in both C++ and Python and I can see more improvements can still be done to make C++ usage more towards fast application development (RAD)

Regards,
Hamidreza,

Read More...

Hamid created a new topic ' Best class wrapper for for file operation' in the forum. 4 years ago

Hi,
I would like to find out what the best class wrapper for file operation is in C++ Builder. A class wrapper similar to FILE * in studio.h would suffice for my purpose, but before using FILE * I would like to check if there is any similar but more advanced class in C++Builder.
Regards,
Hamidreza,

Read More...

Hamid replied to the topic 'How to clear a VARIANT' in the forum. 4 years ago

Thanks for your reply. I used TVariant and it worked without any issue.

Read More...

Hamid thanked Remy Lebeau in topic How to clear a VARIANT 4 years ago
Hamid thanked Emailx45 in topic How to clear a VARIANT 4 years ago
Hamid thanked Roger Cigol in topic How to clear a VARIANT 4 years ago
Hamid created a new topic ' How to clear a VARIANT' in the forum. 4 years ago

Hi,
I am converting a piece of code from VC, using COM Dll's.

1. In the code, I replaced _variant_t with VARIANT with no compile error. Is it fine?
2. In the VS code, after variant is assigned, it is cleared via 'Clear()' method - object.Clear(). What is the equivalent of this Clear() method in C++ builder?

Regards,
Hamidreza,

Read More...

Hamid replied to the topic 'Using an External DLL Library' in the forum. 4 years ago

Hi Remy,
Thanks for your reply. In addition to your instructions, I found this article below and followed the instructions and it worked for me. Sharing it here for the benefit of people who may encounter similar issue.

docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/...mport_to_TLIBIMP.EXE

Regards,
Hamidreza,

Read More...

Hamid created a new topic ' Importing a DLL with full functions' list' in the forum. 4 years ago

Hi,

I'd like to use some DLLs that are created in VS/VC++. In VS, I just add the libraries via adding "Additional Include Path" and then I can make use of all exported functions at once. What VS does is to create two files *.tlh and *.tli which can be included in the main source.

Is it any similar way I can import DLL functions in one go?

Regards,
Hamidreza,

Read More...

Hamid created a new topic ' Using an External DLL Library' in the forum. 4 years ago

Hi,
I have some DLL files that are created in VS/VC++. In VS, I just add the libraries via adding "Additional Include Path" and then I can make use of all exported functions at once. What VS does is to create two files *.tlh and *.tli which can be included in the main source.
Is it any similar way I can import DLL functions in one go?

Regards,
Hamidreza,

Read More...