Chris P

Last login: 1 month ago
Profile viewed: 516 views

Your Rank: 91

Chris P created a new topic ' Berlin 10.1 and XCode 9' in the forum. 6 months ago

Has anyone heard news on when Berlin will receive a Subscription Update or hotfix to make it work properly with XCode 9 and the simulators?

I’m using the recommend terrible workaround for testing and deploying to a device but it’s not great given Berlin is still a supported IDE and Tokyo is still so broken I can’t upgrade yet.

Seriously Idera where are your priorities on keeping thing working? I really doubt as many people care about new features as the existing core ones working properly!!

Read More...

Chris P created a new topic ' Deployment Manager oddity in RAD Studio IDE' in the forum. 8 months ago

Hi
I've had a problem with the deployment manager not copying some of my data files to the target iOS devices, even though they've been updated and the "overwrite?" option is set to ALWAYS.
I looked at the sources in System.StartupCopy and it looks like it never uses the overwrite property - always skipping files if they already exist.
beginif not FileExists(Dst+SearchRec.Name) thenbeginTFile.Copy(Src+SearchRec.Name, Dst+SearchRec.Name, False); // copy without overwriting.endend;
Am I missing something or is this a know problem?
I'm using Berlin Update 1.
Thanks

Read More...

Chris P created a new topic ' Problems integrating a third party java library' in the forum. 1 year ago

Hi everyone
I've been trying to integrate the Facebook Tracking SDKs into the Android version of my FMX app but have hit a problem and not sure what to do next.
I've downloaded, extracted and attached the FacebookSDK.jar file for the app tracking SDKs into my app as a Library.
I've run the .jar file through the Java2Op and it's produced a correct-looking .pas bridge file, which I've included in my project.
The bridge file contained a few invalid parameter names (using reserved words) so I corrected those by appending an underscore to the names (not sure if this is the correct practice).
The app compiles and runs.
The call I'm trying to make is:
TJFacebookSdk.JavaClass.sdkInitialize(TAndroidHelper.Context);
The TJFacebookSdk.JavaClass part returns a class reference without errors, which I guess implies that the .jar file has been linked in correctly?
When I make the class method call it raises an exception: "Invoke Error: Method not found"
What does this actually mean on a technical level? I've checked the signature for the method in the .pas file and it looks equivalent to the Java signature. I've also checked the FacebookSDK.jar file and it definitely includes the class and method I'm trying to call.
As an experiment I also tried calling TJFacebookSdk.JavaClass.getSDKVersion() - which has no params and a simple JString return type but it raised the same exception.
Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I really need to get this intregrated asap and no idea what to try next?
Thank you in advance

Read More...

Chris P created a new topic ' Linker conflict between 2 static libraries' in the forum. 2 years ago

I have a Firemonkey app for iOS and Android on the app stores which uses the JVE AdMob components to allow us to show AdMob ads in our app.
We're about to run a Facebook campaign so need to integrate the FacebookSDKs and have managed to download and integrate the SDK without too many problems. The issue now is that something in the FacebookSDK is interfering with the GoogleMobileAds SDK used by the JVE AdMob banner.
I don't have much expertise in solving linker issues with static libraries in Delphi so wonder if anyone could point me in the correct direction to try to solve this?
The error is a duplicate symbol one. Am I correct to think that the clash is between a symbol in Bolts (BFCancellationToken.o) and libGoogleMobileAds.a (GADGestureUtil.o)? Is there any way to find out what the symbol that's actually being duplicated is? I can't imagine there's a function something called "I011" in those libraries??
The linker error is:
duplicate symbol l011 in:C:\Users\x\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS10.0.sdk\System\Library\Frameworks/Bolts.framework/Bolts(BFCancellationToken.o)
libGoogleMobileAds.a(GADGestureUtil.o)
ld: 161 duplicate symbols for architecture arm64[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)
Thank you in advance!

Read More...

DavidI is friends with Chris P

Chris P replied to the topic 'How smooth is development of iOS apps....' in the forum. 3 years ago

Hi Yogi
Using RAD Studio or AppMethod (both are similar processes) developing apps is really easy as you build the UI, models and other interconnecting bits once, then can deploy to iOS, Android, OSX and Windows. This is one of the major USPs of Embarcadero's tools compared to the others out there.
If you have specific questions, please post them seperately as your question is too broad to give a specific answer.
Is RAD Studio good for iOS (and Android) apps? Absolutely. Is it perfect? Absolutely not, but it's very good, fast, stable and one of fastest tools for creating App Store-ready apps I've used for both Android and iOS, so I'd recommend giving it a go.
The tools build for iPhone 4 or above (32 and 64 bit), iPad 2 or above and all the newer variants. It works only on Armv7 (NEON) for Android but can target Gingerbread or higher, and for most of the newer Intel-based Android devices that can run ARM apps, it should be fine for those too.
I hope this helps get you started
Thanks

Read More...

Chris P replied to the topic 'Banner not working for iAd' in the forum. 3 years ago

Hi Marco/Sarina

Thank you for getting back to me, I'm really grateful for your suggestions!

I'm using XE8 now, but I had the same problem under XE7 which the app was originally written/launched with.

I've followed the instructions on the docwiki to the letter (except steps 3 & 4 from "Configuring Your Application for iAd in iTunes Connect" as this is out of date - you may need to correct this as you don't explicitly turn ads on anymore - they're always enabled once you sign the correct contracts).

I have contracts set-up in iTunes Connect, and am using the correct bundle ID in the Delphi project Version settings which ties to this app profile on iTunes Connect. Several versions of the app have now been approved and gone live with Apple so the plist in general must be ok.

For iOS ads, are there any other project settings I need to apply other than just entering the fully qualified bundle identifier? I can't see any.

Do you have any suggestions that might help me dig deeper into the FM framework to try and prove my app/Firemonkey ad banner is working ok (or not) to at least take something tangible back to Apple? Personally I still think they've messed up something in my account but am struggling to prove it.

Thank you

Kind regards

Chris
Read More...

Chris P created a new topic ' Banner not working for iAd' in the forum. 3 years ago

Hi Forum!

I have added a banner into my live Delphi app, which works fine on Android, showing live ads when released. On iOS however, it shows no ads and returns an error of:

The operation couldn’t be completed. Application has iAd Network configuration error

I've raised a call with Apple who insists that everything is set up correctly at their side. They claim that there is no record of my app having made a request to their servers for ads so must be a coding issue.

My code consists of a banner on the main form, and a call to "LoadAd" in FormShow which seems to be all the demos and tutorials do. For Android it sets the AdID too. TestMode is set to false.

When running in debug mode it shows the demo ads fine, which I thought came from the Apple servers too? Maybe I'm mistaken here.

Apple have asked to see my code to verify I'm using it correctly but doubt they'll be very helpful if I send some Delphi code!

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there something else I need to do to get the iAd ads coming through when live?

If nothing else, does anyone have any ideas how to prove to Apple that the ads are indeed being requested OK from my app and they're just not seeing it in their logs?

Thank you in advance!
Read More...