Kai Inge Buseth

Last login: 2 months ago
Profile viewed: 217 views

No Rank

Kai Inge Buseth created a new topic ' Anyone that remember this one?' in the forum. 2 months ago

My first Delphi that I bought, after trying Delphi 1 that a friend had.

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth replied to the topic 'Installing Tokyo 64 bits gives me only 32 bits.' in the forum. 2 months ago

Sorry for late answer. Thank you very much for your advice.
Perhaps we later will get a Win64 IDE also, if it make any sense to do so.
The IDE is well functioning as it is.

:)
Kai Inge

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth created a new topic ' Installing Tokyo 64 bits gives me only 32 bits.' in the forum. 2 months ago

Hello.
With a brand new PC I installed Delphi Tokyo and this time I selected only 64 bits version in the installer.
Still when I look in the dropdown menu in Delphis main window it still says Windows32 as the only option.
Is Tokyo not made for Windows64 after all?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Kai Inge

Read More...

>>"have you search on GitIt?"
Thank you. I have never used that one and found it under Tools.
From there I got it installed and all my components came up as they used to.

Trying to Build the old project stopped when it did not find the style file using the path following the old project.
I suppose I just have to find out which path Delphi Tokyo is using for this and replace it in the old project?
Thank you all for helping me. Now at least I have my components back.

Kai Inge

Read More...

I really have a big problem when maintaining projects made before Tokyo 10. 2.3.
Then I used Raize components alot. Embarcadero bought Raize components, but have hidden them so well I can't find them and thereby make all my projects impossible to open without the threat of deleting all components on my forms.
I'm grateful if anyone have a proper solution on this one.
Thanks in advance.

Read More...

>>"If you use one good antivirus" I do. I have Trend Micro, one of the better.
Problem is that I shut it down during installing FastReport so it would not interfere with the installation.
I will never do that again. Better to lack files during installation than have extra virus files afterwards if I have got the wrong site for download. :-D

Do you know if FastReport is a russian product?

Read More...

>>"I've always had problems with the FastReport installer, so I'd rather create a group and add the DPKs needed for my installation" (Google Translate is my friend)

That could be an option if I don't succed in the next try, after uninstalling the previous version of Fast Report. :-)
Thank you for answering me.

Read More...

Hello. Earlier this day I tried to log in to ask if FastReport is a russian product. I got problems when installing it, making me think that I got something else than ordered. :-) Especially when afterwards beeing misled to believe I was blacklisted without reason in this forums. :-)

The message is attached as a picture. So the question: Is FastReport russian? Frankly when googling the firm FastReport I think it may be easy to be caught in say a mis-spelling of the name and then come to a fake site? Is it just me beeing paranoid? :-) Well, I think that the worst that can happen to a single developer is bringing viruses along with his programs without knowing it, Better safe than sorry. :-)

Read More...

>>"only available in Enterprise and Architect"
That expence I have already taken, so that is ok.
What I meant was if there was a fee for the end user for using my program based on DataSnap, i.e. above a limit of transactions.
The rest of your answer make me think that Firebird is not a very bad choice. (And this way I don't have to learn a lot of new stuff just to make it work.) Correct me if I'm wrong here. :-)

Thank you for answering me that thoroughly

Read More...

I use Firebird and Dewart components, but if DataSnap do the same job and for free I will consider using time to learn how to use it.
But if it's free only to some limit, I will stick with Firebird.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I have Delphi Tokyo 10.2.3

Kai Inge

Read More...

>>"Are you trying to *migrate* a VCL project to FMX?" No, I just started from scratch and tried to make a simple multi-platform app, with no other experience than my VCL programming. :-)

"- VK_RETURN is a windows-only virtual key constants, it is not cross-platform. Use the vkReturn constant instead"
Thanks, that solved the problem.

And thank you for the further explanations and the link. I have bookmarked it.
Now I know that FMX and VCL are not the same thing in different wrapping.

Your answers is like teaching a man to fish, not just giving him a fish. :-)

Kai Inge

Read More...

OnKeyPress vanished and Key=#13 or Key=VL_RETURN gives error incompatible types in OnKeyDown or Up. What is the syntax nowadays? :-)
Also the myEdit.Color is vanished as a property.

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth replied to the topic 'Installation of Delphi Tokyo erased my XE7 installation' in the forum. 5 months ago

Thank you very much for a thorough answer, Remy.
I know. I have only myself to blame. :-) Now I have learned the hard way, as I often do.
I will leave the installation as it is, and instead install XE7 in one of my other computers, since developing on older projects will be rather rare.

Then I will try to use the original Raize components installation file on the new XE7. That should solve the problem I believe.

Thanks again Remy. You are so valuable for us Delphi users, that Embarcadero should double your salary whatever it is. :-)

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth replied to the topic 'Installation of Delphi Tokyo erased my XE7 installation' in the forum. 5 months ago

Thanks for answering. In fact I expect the installer to keep track of this, so I did not check. I don't expect the installer to select a XE7 folder for Delphi Tokyo. As suggested earlier in this thread it maybe has to do with the tirdparty's components. At the first attempt I did not have the right serial number for Tokyo and the installation failed, but already then the XE7 was gone. At second attempt I had the right serial number and Tokyo installed normally. (But did not give me back my XE7. :-) )

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth created a new topic ' Installation of Delphi Tokyo erased my XE7 installation' in the forum. 5 months ago

Because of this, I'm denied access to my older projects because of the Dependency Hell.
Now XE7 is gone and all the installed Raize components with it.
Unfortunately I now have to modify an older project made with XE7 and all I have is Delphi Tokyo.
The thirdparty Raize component set is bought by Embarcadero and I believed that they then would have made the Raize components a native part of Delphi, but no. They have hidden it somewhere as a package under a new strange name that I now cannot recall, and so far I have failed to install it in Delphi 10.2

Without theese components I cannot transfer the old project to my new Delphi Tokyo. Now I don't even remember the strange name of the component packet that just failed to install.

Any others with experience regarding this matter and how to solve it? If I try to open the old project in Delphi Tokyo, it comes up with no VCL tab because of lacking Raize component Class. Then I believe the components new strange class-name will collide with the Raize class-name in the project even if I should succeed in installing the new component package downloade from Emarcadero?

Read More...