Kai Inge Buseth

Last login: 1 hours 59 minutes ago
Profile viewed: 132 views

No Rank

>>"If you use one good antivirus" I do. I have Trend Micro, one of the better.
Problem is that I shut it down during installing FastReport so it would not interfere with the installation.
I will never do that again. Better to lack files during installation than have extra virus files afterwards if I have got the wrong site for download. :-D

Do you know if FastReport is a russian product?

Read More...

>>"I've always had problems with the FastReport installer, so I'd rather create a group and add the DPKs needed for my installation" (Google Translate is my friend)

That could be an option if I don't succed in the next try, after uninstalling the previous version of Fast Report. :-)
Thank you for answering me.

Read More...

Hello. Earlier this day I tried to log in to ask if FastReport is a russian product. I got problems when installing it, making me think that I got something else than ordered. :-) Especially when afterwards beeing misled to believe I was blacklisted without reason in this forums. :-)

The message is attached as a picture. So the question: Is FastReport russian? Frankly when googling the firm FastReport I think it may be easy to be caught in say a mis-spelling of the name and then come to a fake site? Is it just me beeing paranoid? :-) Well, I think that the worst that can happen to a single developer is bringing viruses along with his programs without knowing it, Better safe than sorry. :-)

Read More...

>>"only available in Enterprise and Architect"
That expence I have already taken, so that is ok.
What I meant was if there was a fee for the end user for using my program based on DataSnap, i.e. above a limit of transactions.
The rest of your answer make me think that Firebird is not a very bad choice. (And this way I don't have to learn a lot of new stuff just to make it work.) Correct me if I'm wrong here. :-)

Thank you for answering me that thoroughly

Read More...

I use Firebird and Dewart components, but if DataSnap do the same job and for free I will consider using time to learn how to use it.
But if it's free only to some limit, I will stick with Firebird.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I have Delphi Tokyo 10.2.3

:)
Kai Inge

Read More...

>>"Are you trying to *migrate* a VCL project to FMX?" No, I just started from scratch and tried to make a simple multi-platform app, with no other experience than my VCL programming. :-)

"- VK_RETURN is a windows-only virtual key constants, it is not cross-platform. Use the vkReturn constant instead"
Thanks, that solved the problem.

And thank you for the further explanations and the link. I have bookmarked it.
Now I know that FMX and VCL are not the same thing in different wrapping.

Your answers is like teaching a man to fish, not just giving him a fish. :-)

:)
Kai Inge

Read More...

OnKeyPress vanished and Key=#13 or Key=VL_RETURN gives error incompatible types in OnKeyDown or Up. What is the syntax nowadays? :-)
Also the myEdit.Color is vanished as a property.

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth replied to the topic 'Installation of Delphi Tokyo erased my XE7 installation' in the forum. 2 months ago

Thank you very much for a thorough answer, Remy.
I know. I have only myself to blame. :-) Now I have learned the hard way, as I often do.
I will leave the installation as it is, and instead install XE7 in one of my other computers, since developing on older projects will be rather rare.

Then I will try to use the original Raize components installation file on the new XE7. That should solve the problem I believe.

Thanks again Remy. You are so valuable for us Delphi users, that Embarcadero should double your salary whatever it is. :-)

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth replied to the topic 'Installation of Delphi Tokyo erased my XE7 installation' in the forum. 2 months ago

Thanks for answering. In fact I expect the installer to keep track of this, so I did not check. I don't expect the installer to select a XE7 folder for Delphi Tokyo. As suggested earlier in this thread it maybe has to do with the tirdparty's components. At the first attempt I did not have the right serial number for Tokyo and the installation failed, but already then the XE7 was gone. At second attempt I had the right serial number and Tokyo installed normally. (But did not give me back my XE7. :-) )

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth created a new topic ' Installation of Delphi Tokyo erased my XE7 installation' in the forum. 2 months ago

Because of this, I'm denied access to my older projects because of the Dependency Hell.
Now XE7 is gone and all the installed Raize components with it.
Unfortunately I now have to modify an older project made with XE7 and all I have is Delphi Tokyo.
The thirdparty Raize component set is bought by Embarcadero and I believed that they then would have made the Raize components a native part of Delphi, but no. They have hidden it somewhere as a package under a new strange name that I now cannot recall, and so far I have failed to install it in Delphi 10.2

Without theese components I cannot transfer the old project to my new Delphi Tokyo. Now I don't even remember the strange name of the component packet that just failed to install.

Any others with experience regarding this matter and how to solve it? If I try to open the old project in Delphi Tokyo, it comes up with no VCL tab because of lacking Raize component Class. Then I believe the components new strange class-name will collide with the Raize class-name in the project even if I should succeed in installing the new component package downloade from Emarcadero?

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth replied to the topic 'Forums unusable' in the forum. 2 months ago

Then we hope it's not a to heavy nut for the squirrel to break. :-)

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth replied to the topic 'Forums unusable' in the forum. 3 months ago

Very good point. Thank you.

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth replied to the topic 'Forums unusable' in the forum. 3 months ago

People on Embarcadero list of license and product buyers should be approved immediately. It will be too expencive for a spammer to buy theese products, just to have an opportunity to spam the group. :-)

Read More...

I understand. There was no textfile intitially. The SaveTo made one, with a name specified by me. So then it obviously used ANSI by default. If there was a UTF8 encoded file loaded initially, I would have got the right coding. (Therefore it worked with XE7, since that was the case there)
Thank You very much for the thorough explanation. Now I also know how to encode the SaveTo directly.
That was a silver bullet. :-)

Read More...

Kai Inge Buseth replied to the topic 'Forums unusable' in the forum. 4 months ago

Hello Remy.
I was led into this forum by Embarcaderos main site, labelled Forums.
During my short question my "I'm not a robot" expired four times and I had to recognize bridges, vehicles and signs one after the other.
Do you have a better recommendation?
The forum that I'm used to is read only.

Read More...