Ian S61845

Last login: 2 weeks ago
Profile viewed: 50 views

No Rank

Ian S61845 replied to the topic 'iOS 11.4 on C++ Builder 10.2.3' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

I've only successfully used IOS 11.3 / Xcode 9.3 with 10.2.3.

As far as I could understand it, the 10.2.3 platform documentation only seems to indicate compatibility with 9.3, and maybe 9.3.1.

Try rolling back to 9.3 xcode for starters. Compiled code in version 9.3/IOS11.3 should still execute on 11.4 IOS devices.

Read More...

Ian S61845 created a new topic ' Apple TV / tvOS support' in the forum. 3 weeks ago

What's the latest on support for the Apple TV platform?

Can 10.2.3 with the latest patches and Xcode 9.3 / IOS 11.3 SDK do it or is there any other combination that will?

Read More...

Ian S61845 replied to the topic 'Rad Studio 10.2.3 and Ios 11.3 not working' in the forum. 3 weeks ago

After spending 1/2 a day yesterday trying to resolve the compile time dreaded Linker error 1 issue.

My environment is as follows:
Windows 10 Pro with Delphi 10.2.3
MacBook Air with High Sierra 10.13.4
Ipad Pro with IOS 11.3.

Embarcadero release two updates to add iOS 11.3 capability to Delphi 10.2.3. These were:

RAD Studio 10.2.3 iOS 11.3 and CodeInsight Patch Released 26/6/2018.

and

RAD Studio 10.2.3 iOS 11.3 Patch, Released the 8/6/2018.

For me, neither worked despite following the update instructions precisely.

Before downgrading to XCode 9.2 (again), I thought I would try and manually extract the SDK from the Mac and see if manually adding the missing components to the SDK on the windows platform would provide a workable solution.

Clearly Embarcadero had added 9.3 support to the IDE, it just seems their process for downloading the SDK to the IDE via the PA server is flawed. As such it misses a stack of files that are required to compile of IOS.

So here's my solution.

1. The Delphi IDE on the Windows platform, and the PA server on the OSX machine were patched as per the RAD Studio 10.2.3 iOS 11.3 and CodeInsight Patch.

2. Instructions to delete previously downloaded SDK's were completed in the IDE.

3. Additionally I browsed to %Userprofile%\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs and delete the SDK folder.

4. Start your PAserver and IDE.

5. Open your IOS project and go into tools, options. Locate the SDK Manager. Add the 32 and 64 bit SDK's. The download of the mostly complete SDK to your Windows PC will complete.

6. On the MAC, open the finder and go to Applications. Control + Click, and show contents on the XCode App.

7. In the search box, type "libcache.dylib" and locate the first of the missing SDK files.

8. Control and click the file, and Show enclosing Folder. Select all the files in the folder shown and Control + Click and Copy 35 items.

9. Connect a USB thumb drive to your MAC and make a folder called "system" on it. Paste your missing system folder to the USB system folder.

10. In the finder on the Mac, go back to Applications, and Show Contents on Xcode again.

11. Search for iPhoneOS. An iPhoneOS11.2.sdk and iPhoneOS11.3.sdk will be shown Copy the iPhoneOS11.2.sdk folder to your USB drive. The 11.3 folder is empty.

12. Eject your USB and connect it to your PC.

13. Browse to your SDK. %Userprofile%\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS11.3.sdk

14. Copy the contents of the iPhoneOS11.2.sdk from the USB drive to the iPhoneOS11.3.sdk folder.

15. Copy the contents of the system folder from the USB drive to :
%Userprofile%\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS11.3.sdk\usr\lib

This worked for me, and allowed me to compile and deploy 11.3 SDK code using Xcode to an IPA file.

I was then able to install the IOS application to my device by using XCode, Window, Devices and simulators. And then manually adding the app using +, and browsing to the compiled code folder "iOSDevice64\Release" and manually adding the IPA file.

I hope someone finds this useful.

And here's my 2 cents for Embarcadero.

I wonder if you are spending all your development time on Delphi XE11, adding support for XCode 10/IOS12, and this is why you don't develop patches or update instructions that work properly.

No doubt we will have to pay for yet another full release update to be able to use Xcode 10 as well, instead of supporting the existing IDE properly and just adding the support with a patch that works properly.

Read More...

Ian S61845 replied to the topic 'Rad Studio 10.2.3 and Ios 11.3 not working' in the forum. 3 weeks ago

I've installed this patch to the macOS based paserver and Delphi IDE twice now (in case I missed something), and it still doesn't work.

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: warning: directory not found for option '-FC:\Users\Ian\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS11.3.sdk\System\Library\PrivateFrameworks'

Same error as before the alleged 11.3 support was added.

I've deleted my SDK's, checked and confirmed my provisioning profiles

Going to downgrade to xcode 9.2 again now.

Has anyone succeeded in compiling an IOS app with xcode 9.3 / 11.3 SDK?

Read More...

After spending 1/2 a day yesterday trying to resolve the compile time dreaded Linker error 1 issue.

Ipad Pro with IOS 11.3.

Embarcadero release two updates to add iOS 11.3 capability to Delphi 10.2.3. These were:

and

Before downgrading to XCode 9.2 (again), I thought I would try and manually extract the SDK from the Mac and see if manually adding the missing components to the SDK on the windows platform would provide a workable solution.

Clearly Embarcadero had added 9.3 support to the IDE, it just seems their process for downloading the SDK to the IDE via the PA server is flawed. As such it misses a stack of files that are required to compile of IOS.

So here's my solution.

1. The Delphi IDE on the Windows platform, and the PA server on the OSX machine were patched as per the RAD Studio 10.2.3 iOS 11.3 and CodeInsight Patch.

2. Instructions to delete previously downloaded SDK's were completed in the IDE.

3. Additionally I browsed to %Userprofile%\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs and delete the SDK folder.

5. Open your IOS project and go into tools, options. Locate the SDK Manager. Add the 32 and 64 bit SDK's. The download of the mostly complete SDK to your Windows PC will complete.

6. On the MAC, open the finder and go to Applications. Control + Click, and show contents on the XCode App.

7. In the search box, type "libcache.dylib" and locate the first of the missing SDK files.

8. Control and click the file, and Show enclosing Folder. Select all the files in the folder shown and Control + Click and Copy 35 items.

9. Connect a USB thumb drive to your MAC and make a folder called "system" on it. Paste your missing system folder to the USB system folder.

10. In the finder on the Mac, go back to Applications, and Show Contents on Xcode again.

11. Search for iPhoneOS. An iPhoneOS11.2.sdk and iPhoneOS11.3.sdk will be shown Copy the iPhoneOS11.2.sdk folder to your USB drive. The 11.3 folder is empty.

13. Browse to your SDK. %Userprofile%\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS11.3.sdk

14. Copy the contents of the iPhoneOS11.2.sdk from the USB drive to the iPhoneOS11.3.sdk folder.

This worked for me, and allowed me to compile and deploy 11.3 SDK code using Xcode to an IPA file.

I was then able to install the IOS application to my device by using XCode, Window, Devices and simulators. And then manually adding the app using +, and browsing to the compiled code folder "iOSDevice64\Release" and manually adding the IPA file.

I wonder if you are spending all your development time on Delphi XE11, adding support for XCode 10/IOS12, and this is why you don't develop patches or update instructions that work properly.

No doubt we will have to pay for yet another full release update to be able to use Xcode 10 as well, instead of supporting the existing IDE properly and just adding the support with a patch that works properly.

Read More...

Same issue here.

I've tried the both the 11.3 updates.

30835_rad_studio_10.2.3_ios_11.3_patch
30837_rad_studio_10.2.3_ios_11.3_and_codeinsight_patch

Downloading 9.2 again now to roll back. Thanks Embarcadero. :(

Read More...

Hi everyone,

Ipad Pro with IOS 11.3.

and

So here's my solution.

Read More...

Delete the SDK's you have in your Public\Embarcardero folder.

Then with xcode 9.2 and command line tools installed on your MAC, start the PA server and configure the connection for your IOS platform type. Either 32 or 64 bit etc. Test the connection, and the first time you compile, the SDK will transfer from the MAC.

I also had some trouble with my provisioning profiles. But I was able to get around these by making a basic app in Xcode. Xcode then generated a wildcard App, and the required provisioning profiles. Delphi was then able to access those profiles, visible in the Tools, Options, Provisioning section.

Read More...

Downgrading to 9.2 Xcode and command line tools does fix the issue. Available from the developer downloads area at developer.apple.com.

This also means you'll have to downgrade your test devices too.

Read More...