Bombi

Last login: 3 days ago
Profile viewed: 72 views

No Rank

Bombi replied to the topic 'Forums unusable' in the forum. 3 days ago

A moderated forum is one thing but that a conversation about a problem takes days because posts are sometimes not published for half a day or longer is a total different story. It makes this platform more or less completely useless for such attempts.

Read More...

Bombi replied to the topic 'Updated data not displaying' in the forum. 3 days ago

May not be the most tempting way but I have not found anything easier:

I create a class inheriting TVariantCustom for each data object. In case the object is writing back data like on a post it calls a method afterwards that does refresh all relevant GUI elements.
As I do not always want to refresh the GUI, for example on large amounts of transactions, I do set AfterPost only when I need it.

TVariantCustom = class
private
FAfterPost: TNotifyEvent;
protected
procedure Posted; dynamic;
public
property AfterPost: TNotifyEvent read FAfterPost write FAfterPost; //Can be set with a method to refresh GUI
// elements.
end;

TTransaction = class(TVariantCustom)
private
// data
public
// methodes
procedure Post;
end;

{ TVariantCustom }

procedure TVariantCustom.Posted;
begin
if Assigned(FAfterPost) then
begin
FAfterPost(Self);
end;
end;

{ TTransaction }

procedure TTransaction.Post;
begin
// Code for writing back to database
Posted; // calls method for refreshing GUI elements if not nil
end;

Read More...

Have not found another solution but to wipe all installations and looking forward to painfully rebuilding the whole environment again. :(. At least the RAD - Studio is starting for XE2 and 10.2. The R stands for rapid dicovery how dysfunctional it is out the box.

Read More...

I think, my issue may not be related. Both versions struggle with ntdll.dll. Despite there is no log or error on the XE2 ntdll.dll is the last file loaded before it shuts down with Exit Status 16.

Whilst 10.2 has Exit Status: -1073741819 but produces an application log entry stating "Faulting application name: bds.exe, version: 25.0.29039.2004, time stamp: 0x5a31f012
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24168, time stamp: 0x5b1aa706
Exception code: 0xc0000005"

Read More...

@emailx
Both bds.exe are untampered as far as I can tell and work in the admin account but not in the dev account.
10.2 gives a fault similar to Seans Observation but states a problem with ntdll.dll.
XE2 does not give a sound or a fault at all, it just dies silently with no error (log).

Repair used to be a great thing to get it up and running but gets halted infinitely because of no access to the network resource /bin.

The problem seems to have started with the installation of 10.2. Afterwards XE2 would only start with -rfoo after each start of 10.2.

Since todays Windows Update both installations are dead.

Read More...

Just noticed, it is affecting 10.2 and XE2 for me, both only start with administrative rights suddenly.

Read More...

I am currently having the same Problem with my XE2 and 10.2.
Repair fails with the hint that /bin cannot be accessed.

Read More...

Bombi replied to the topic 'Forums unusable' in the forum. 5 days ago

That means, people behind proxies etc. are seeing the full scale of this shambles up until a complete unusability when Google wisely decides that the public IP has been used too many times.

Read More...

Bombi has a new avatar. 5 days ago