Anthony B54944

Last login: 1 month ago
Profile viewed: 166 views

No Rank

Fantastic! This was a big missing piece of the puzzle in C++ Builder, especially with larger projects. I look forward to trying it out!

Anthony B54944 replied to the topic 'What's happening with DPI' in the forum. 4 months ago

I hope so, since DPI is a significant new challenges involved in UI design. I hope Emba is focusing on this!

Read More...

Anthony B54944 replied to the topic 'What's happening with DPI' in the forum. 4 months ago

I think DPI issues, including within the IDE, should be a priority, with the rise of high DPI devices. You might want to contact someone directly, instead of just posting on the forum.

Read More...

Anthony B54944 replied to the topic 'Replacement for deprecated Release function' in the forum. 4 months ago

Ok, thanks anyway Moskw for the reply.

Read More...

Anthony B54944 replied to the topic 'Replacement for deprecated Release function' in the forum. 4 months ago

Thanks for this response. According to the documentation under TObject, Methods, Free ( http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/Tokyo/en/System.TObject.Free ),
"To free a form, call its Release method, which destroys the form and releases the memory allocated for it after all its event handlers and those of the components it contains are through executing. Note: In C++ code, do not use Free[/b] to destroy an object. Use the delete keyword."
Since I'm using C++, the docs seem to state not to use Free, but delete doesn't seem have the same functionality as Release. Am I missing something here?

Read More...

Anthony B54944 posted a comment on New in 10.2.2: Dark IDE Theme! 4 months ago

I really like the new Dark Color option. I am now using it - thank you!

Anthony B54944 created a new topic ' Replacement for deprecated Release function' in the forum. 4 months ago

As of Tokyo (and perhaps earlier), the FMX.Types.TFmxObject.Release method is deprecated. I use this method on some TForms for delayed destruction of the form. All I can find is that (in C++) delete should be used instead, but I don't believe this marks a form for delayed destruction. Is there a replacement for Release that one ought to use in this case?

Read More...