Mike Versteeg

Last login: 4 years ago
Profile viewed: 837 views

Your Rank: 89

Mike Versteeg replied to the topic 'RAD Studio 10.2.2 Annoying New Features. Help?' in the forum. 5 years ago

Good luck on getting support here.. I have in fact just installed 10.2.2 and was wondering about all the (visual) bloatware myself. The text and videos won't load here, I just get the wait animation. Which is quite worrisome if you have a metered internet connection! I never like the Welcome page, when I start C++ Builder I just want to continue coding. I wonder how long it will take before you are forced to watch a commercial before opening the editor.
Totally agree with Martin.

Read More...

Mike Versteeg posted a comment on FireMonkey vs. VCL 6 years ago

There is a vital omission here.. If you are going to write a multi-threaded program that uses bitmaps (who doesn't?), FMX is out as all graphical stuff needs to go through the main thread. VCL is still the only option.

Awesome news!

Mike Versteeg replied to the topic 'Tooltip evaluation & debug watch not working' in the forum. 7 years ago

Apparently proper support is not included with a subscription.

Update 1 has just been released and the fix list does not mention this bug. I realise I may be the only person in the world using C++ Builder, but I have been loyal to it since v1.0 and pay for a subscription every year so I really like to get some love from you guys.
Read More...

Mike Versteeg replied to the topic 'Tooltip evaluation & debug watch not working' in the forum. 7 years ago

J wrote:

I just reproduced this with the 64-bit toolchain. Looks like a bug and I'll look into it.
~/jt
Can I expect a fix for this soon?
Read More...

It's only in 64-bit. I had that tagged, but I do not see any of my tags showing up in my post so I probably did something wrong. I take it you cannot reproduce this problem?

I created a VCL Forms application with a single button, and I can easily reproduce the problem in 64-bit (again, works fine in 32-bit). Here's a screen shot of XE7. Note if I hover my mouse over "Width" I get no tooltip, and you can see the error in the watch list. You will have to take my word the result in XE8 is the same (it's on a Mac and I cannot get it to do a screen shot).
Untitled.png
Read More...

Mike Versteeg uploaded new file Untitled.png in Forums 7 years ago
Mike Versteeg created a new topic ' Tooltip evaluation & debug watch not working' in the forum. 7 years ago

C++ Builder XE7 & XE8, VCL

I assumed this was a bug in XE7, but it is still not working in XE8 so, being such a primary feature, I am starting to suspect something my be wrong in my project.

Tooltip evaluation and watches work fine for local variables, but they do not work for class members. I.e. if I hover over Panel1->Width, nothing is shown. If I add it to my watch list, the value field lists an error message saying Width is not a member of Panel1. Having to debug the old-fashioned way, using extra variables or even ShowMessage() is getting a little tiring..

Anyone any ideas? Thanks!
Read More...