Zack

Current status: "I've developed a couple iOS applications and they compile and install fine using our Enterprise Developer certificate. However when I try to deploy and install those same applications compiled as 64bit (and even arm7 and arm64 universal compiled), they refuse to install on a 64bit iOS device. Anybody else have that same issue?" - 6 months ago
Last login: 2 months ago
Profile viewed: 153 views

No Rank

David H - I think you're spot on.....I got away from Delphi around version 6 and moved to .net via C# and never looked back. I take that back, I looked back a few years ago during Xamarin mess I was experiencing. I felt like an Alpha tester - stuff

Zack posted a comment on RAD Studio 10.2 in Paris 2 months ago

I would love it if somebody would do this "stateside"!!! I always liked when Microsoft used to do live (not virtual) MSDN Events, but those have disappeared. Would be kinda cool if Embarcadero did a US Bus Tour hitting some of the major cities tout

Zack has a new avatar. 6 months ago

I've developed a couple iOS applications and they compile and install fine using our Enterprise Developer certificate. However when I try to deploy... Show more

Zack If compiled as 32bit they install just fine. I just get the iOS 10 warning about the application may run slower, etc - contact the... Show more 6 months ago
loader
loader
Attachment
Zack created a new topic ' TListView Question' in the forum. 7 months ago

I'm coming over from the C# side of things, and it's been over 15 years since I touched Delphi last - so I beg for forgiveness.....
I started a multi-device application with TListBox and got it working, but I now see I probably should have used TListView instead. Is there an EASY way to pass my objects around? I hate having to deal with arrays and ordinal values to keep track of stuff. Seems like we should be way beyond that from a productivity standpoint.
For example, I don't like having to do something like.....
listviewitem.Data:=customObject.Property1;
listviewitem.Data:=customObject.Property2;
listviewitem.Data:=customObject.Property2;
when I should be able to do something like the following.....
listviewitem.Data:=customObject;

then when the user clicks on the detail I handle it in the click event and cast the AItem to a type and go on with life. I feel like I've already got the object in memory, why am I creating all these Data properties that also have to be managed. Am I making too much out of this?

procedure TTabbedForm.PopulateOutstandingDataList();varlistviewitem: TListViewItem;beginListView1.Items.Clear;
transactions:=TObjectList.Create();transactions.OwnsObjects:=True;transactions:=TransactionClass.TTransaction.PopulateOutstandingDataList(creditcards);
for transaction in transactions dobeginlistviewitem:=ListView1.Items.Add();listviewitem.Text:=transaction.TransType + ' from ' + transaction.Merchant;listviewitem.Data:=transaction.TransID;listviewitem.Data:=transaction; <

Why can't I do this?????listviewitem.Accessory:=TAccessoryType.More;listviewitem.Detail:=DateToStr(transaction.TransDate);end;end;

Read More...