Tom B436

Last login: 3 years ago
Profile viewed: 968 views

Your Rank: 75

Tom B436 replied to the topic 'ListView bug, help' in the forum. 6 years ago

Clicking your source code link leads to a "Illegal download attempt!" or some such. Could you post just the relevant lines that triggers the error?
Read More...

Tom B436 thanks user 'Mats W' in the forum message ' Symbols not found with remote debugging'. 6 years ago
Tom B436 added a reply in discussion Delphi 2007 and 2010 have new ... 7 years ago

It appears that a windows update in August has caused the problem in conjunction with the IDE creating this .ttr file always on startup. The matter has been discussed widely and googling for editorlineends.ttr gives several suggestions. Here's a few links: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25295980/delphi-2006-2010-error-cannot-create-file-...

Tom B436 added a reply in discussion Delphi 2010 and XE5 not starti... 7 years ago

Francisco, It appears that a windows update in August has caused the problem in conjunction with the IDE creating this .ttr file always on startup. The matter has been discussed widely and googling for editorlineends.ttr gives several suggestions. Here's a few links: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25295980/delphi-2006-2010-error-c...

Tom B436 is now ranked up to New Member... ! 7 years ago
Tom B436 replied to the topic 'Include a unit which is not in search path?' in the forum. 7 years ago

Peter,

First, Add the unit to the project .dpr file manually or from the menu:
Project - Add to project - select the unit source file.
This will add a line in the project source file (.dpr) like in your example.

program whatever;

uses
  ExtractData in 'D:\ProjectB\ExtractData.pas',

Then, in other units of your project you simply use
unit thisandthat;

uses ExtractData;

Read further here:
docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE6/en/Programs_and_Units
Read More...

Tom B436 replied to the topic 'Where has the old forum disappeared???' in the forum. 7 years ago

Fred,
Here's another one were you can search for old messages (goes back to August 2008), but the most recent messages are from May 2014.

codeverge.com/

Cheers
Tom
Read More...

Tom B436 replied to the topic 'Cannot bring application main form to front' in the forum. 7 years ago

One thing to check, although I can't explain why this would have changed between update 3 and 4, is the presence of Application.MainFormOnTaskbar right after Application.Initialize in the .dpr file:

Application.Initialize;
  Application.MainFormOnTaskbar := True;
The documentation here
docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE4/en...on.MainFormOnTaskBar
says it affects the z-order of the main form, but doesn't in which way.

Another long shot is to check that the main form is correctly set in
Project - Options - Forms
and that it is also the first form created in the .dpr by a call to Application.CreateForm.

Tom
Read More...

Tom B436 replied to the topic 'Where has the old forum disappeared???' in the forum. 7 years ago

Ouch! Indeed. Sorry, not useful at all.
Read More...

Fred,

You can try here, but the most recent postings do not appear to be available
www.codenewsfast.com/cnf/home/681294063

Regards
Tom
Read More...

Bo wrote:

Notice that the MessageID seems to be 692071, how I can use that I don't know...

As I tried to explain in an earlier message, when a backup is restored, all messages that were posted after that backup was taken are lost and the message id's are reused for new posts as they arrive.
Currently (actually, in the European morning today, because the server is again down) there is no message with id 692071 on the server.

Another example, message id 688737 was posted 21-7-2014:
Subject: Re: I was wrong
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 07:02:03 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
The same message id was reused for a new post on 26-8-2014:
Subject: Model View - Class Diagram & Generics
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:47:43 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Regards
Tom
Read More...

Sorry, Bo, although I tested Forté at some point, I reverted to XN, and don't know how Forté is saving stuff.

If you are specifically interested in the continuation of that discussion, I have in an intermediate message base the response from Remy Lebeau:
{quote}
From: "Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" < This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. >
Subject: Re: Email using thread
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 17:10:09 -0700
Message-ID: < This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. >
References: < This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. >
Lines: 51
Newsgroups: embarcadero.public.delphi.internet.winsock
Path: forums.embarcadero.com
Xref: forums.embarcadero.com embarcadero.public.delphi.internet.winsock:11134
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8"
X-Source-Client: nntp
X-Posting-Host: 108.184.44.84
NNTP-Posting-Host: 108.184.44.84
X-Post-url: forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messa...9547&tstart=0#669547
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Newsreader: JetBrains Omea Reader 1098.1

David wrote:

> I have a table with invoices that need to be emailed, I use the code
> below to send them as I loop through my table, It works but the
> program is not responsive during its operation due to the blocking
> nature of indy.

That will happen if you are calling this code in the context of the main
UI thread.

> I've been trying to find help/examples of doing this using a worker
> thread, but have had little joy.

I have posted many many examples over the years of using Indy components
in worker threads.

> I need to loop through the table, picking up the details about an
> invoice then create email/send then mark as sent.

Unless you are willing to re-design your app to give the worker thread its
own database connection, then you will have to gather the invoice details
and pass them to the thread constructor, which will store them into members
of the thread class for Execute to use, and then have the thread post a notification
back to the main thread when finished so the main thread can update the database
accordingly.

> as well as display progress in a memo control as its working.

That would also require sending notifications to the main thread whenever
you have a new status to display.
{quote}

There was no further discussion
Regards
Tom
Read More...

Bo,
As you have seen, the forums.embarcadero.com forum/NNTP service has had troubles in the past two (or three) weeks. It has been up for maybe a half day or so in between and then crashed again. John F at Embt has been working hard to get it stabilized.

I am also mainly using the NNTP inteerface for the same reason as you. The problem that arises after a crash and a subsequent reloading of a backup, is that the message id's get out of sync between the server and your local message base. For example. last backup ends at message id 10000, current last message at time of crash is 10100 (also the last message in your local cache). When the backup is reloaded it shows last message 10000, new message get id 10001 etc., but your nntp reader requests messages after 10100. Thus your news reader is not able to see the new messages between 10000 and 10100.

The last backup reloading (for some reason) had to be chopped at the beginning, so that only messages from May 2014 (there was some variation in the different groups) forward were reloaded.

What I do in these situations (I'm using XanaNews) is that I start a new account (which creates a new message base) and reload all messages from the server. This way I can still see the messages I had downloaded just before the crash using the old account, and the new messages using the new account. It's not ideal to have to jump between accounts, but better than total loss.
Read More...

Tom B436 added a reply in discussion Custom FMX style based on hard... 7 years ago

Hi Stanislav, I understand that your primary goal is to create an app for iOS 7. Let's then first look at the builtin style without any stylebook, in case that will work for you. Create a new FireMonkey(FM) Mobile application. After answering the question to specify a folder for your project, the designer is shown. Note that there is ...

Tom B436 replied to the topic '1-year subscription' in the forum. 8 years ago

Thanks JT...
....but no thanks. I'm sure the price would be out of reason anyway, because a Individual license would be sufficient.

Before you lose too many potential customers, you should consider that the competitor you are targeting with AppMethod offers a perpetual license although they are speaking about a subscription.
Quote from their store/faq:

Can I continue to use Xxxxxxx when my subscription expires?
Yes. Your Xxxxxxx license is perpetual. If you choose not to renew your subscription, you will no
longer have access to new releases and support, and we will be very sad.

Regards
Tom
Read More...

Tom B436 replied to the topic '1-year subscription' in the forum. 8 years ago

Thank you JT,
I was afraid for your answer to 1. which is a complete showstopper. I will never buy a software development tool on such a license.

The eula mentions a Business License – Perpetual, but that is not available as an option on the online store.
Is that something that will be introduced?

Tom
Read More...

Tom B436 created a new topic ' 1-year subscription' in the forum. 8 years ago

Please clarify the 1-year subscription license.
Especially the following questions:
1. Will the product stop working after 1 year, if subscription is not renewed?
2. If answer to 1 is yes, how is the 1 year limit enforced? (For example, is an internet connection required at every session?)
3. Can the licensee install the product on two or more computers (desktop, laptop, new hardware)?
4. Where can I find the full license terms before I buy the product.

Tom Brunberg

EDIT:
Sorry for posting in the Welcome group, I didn't pay attention to the category combo when I entered the message (I was in the AppMethod - Tools category when I selected New Topic and thought the new topic would go in there)

EDIT:
I deleted the original and re-entered it here in the Tools category
Read More...