Paul @ JWare

Last login: 4 weeks ago
Profile viewed: 218 views

No Rank

Paul @ JWare replied to the topic 'RAD Server developer license' in the forum. 3 months ago

When I installed EMS for the first time I was never presented with that page form the wiki either. But it's ok, just use the defaults and it will work, with limitations as Malcolm mentioned.

The reason you're getting that message is because you have to have a licensed version of Interbase XE7 running on the deployment machine. So if you really want to use EMS you have to upgrade to Enterprise or buy the license for EMS.

Best,
-Paul

Read More...

Paul @ JWare replied to the topic 'Install Interbase on Linux for RAD Server' in the forum. 3 months ago

You can request a re-host for your license from the online support form at: Support

However, I'm not sure how many times they will allow it, but I'm sure they have a way to continue to use the license as servers can change.

Yes, the single site license will be used when you install Interbase XE7, in other words when the installer asks for the license for Interbase XE7, use the single site license you purchased. If you don't have the link for XE7 Server, request it from support. Or email me and I'll try to find it for you.

RAD/EMS Server uses IBXE7 for user authentication only, so unless you do purchase a full license for Interbase you have to use another DB server anyway. So you're on the right path.

As far as where they are hosted, when you setup EMS for the first time, it requests the instance of XE7, where you may be able to give a "url:port", not sure.

But since EMS/RAD Server only uses IBXE7 for user auth, why not just install it on the same machine as RAD Server with Apache? Then you can host your customers DB on the other hardware server.

That's all I know at this point. Since I bought the Windows version, I am trying to setup my Linux machine using virtualization. It has 24 processors and 32 g RAM, so it fly's.

I will eventually run EMS Server, IBXE7 and Apache on a Windows 7 Pro VM, and my PostgresSQL in another VM. For the Win7 VM I am stripping the OS down to the barest essentials and giving it lots of power, so my expectations are that it will be very fast.

Good luck, feel free to email me personally if you like, maybe we can compare notes and experiences. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best,
-Paul

Read More...

Good article. This is also a perfect place to use animations to, well animate the "floating" dialog box. For example, by using a float animation to you could drop the rectangle down from the top of the screen and then animate it back up after the u

Paul @ JWare replied to the topic 'Trouble accessing Docwiki' in the forum. 8 months ago

Here's what my sales rep replied to me, she communicated with Al Mannarinoand and forwarded below. This actually shows what's in the docwiki for components. So until the site is back up, this may be all the reference we can use.
"Embarcadero is migrating the API/Reference Web Sites, and that's why you are getting the Error 503 Service Unavailable message."
"The Function F1 key on a VCL component on the form, like your TCalendarView component, should bring up the Libraries Reference: VCL in your IDE, like this:"
Some images of the help topic.

Read More...

Paul @ JWare replied to the topic 'Trouble accessing Docwiki' in the forum. 8 months ago

Agreed! I am somewhat new to Embarcadero and have embarked on a major project for my first client, and need access to the API's and References. I've emailed my sales rep about the issues 2 days ago and did get an answer, see below, but they never mentioned anything about the servers being down for maintenance.
BTW the cached pages did not work either. From my experience, I got to the first level page, when I drilled down, I got nothing. If it helps anyone this is the response I received, give it shot. Be sure to click the down arrow on the right side and see if you get anything more than the Main page for the topic.

[size= 11.0pt; font-family: 'Calibri',sans-serif; color: #1f497d]As the error message on our DocWiki site suggests the customer can do a google search on what he is trying to access and view a cached page[/size]

[size= 11.0pt; font-family: 'Calibri',sans-serif; color: #1f497d]The pages do not look pretty, but the information can be obtained with a google search...he might have to narrow the search.[/size]

[size= 11.0pt; font-family: 'Calibri',sans-serif; color: #1f497d] To get to a cached page do a google search and click on the down arrow at the end of the url[/size]

?_task=mail&_action=get&_mbox=INBOX&_uid=644&_token=FNPS1LonHeSzZBUCCBWpHUPW7fZ0tdsb&_part=2&_embed=1&_mimeclass=image

Read More...