Iceman

Last login: 4 months ago
Profile viewed: 314 views

Your Rank: 71

Iceman posted a comment on IoT Boot Camp 2017 4 months ago

HiWill we need Mitov InstrumentLab and CommunicationLab components to follow this bootcamp ?

Iceman replied to the topic 'Android Tablet Orientation Problem' in the forum. 2 years ago

Hi All

I managed to find the cause of my problem. One of my forms had the following code in it :

if TPlatformServices.Current.SupportsPlatformService(IFMXScreenService, IInterface(ScreenService)) then

begin

OrientSet := [TScreenOrientation.soPortrait];

ScreenService.SetScreenOrientation(OrientSet);

end;

Removing that code has sorted my problem out.

Read More...

Iceman created a new topic ' Android Tablet Orientatin Problem' in the forum. 2 years ago

Hi

I am having a problem when deploying to my Samsung Galaxy Tab4. The splash screen is starting up in landscape as it is supposed to but when the main application shows, it is in portrait mode and locked in portrait. My screen rotation is enabled on the tablet and it doesn't rotate.Has anyone else experienced this ? and is there a fix ? 

Read More...

Iceman created a new topic ' Firemonkey TWebbrowser' in the forum. 2 years ago

Hi

I am trying to write an application that will download images from a website using the TWebbrowser in Firemonkey.

I have been able to do this with the VCL TWebbrowser but have no idea how to do it in Firemonkey.

In VCL I would :

webbrowser1.Navigate('Any URL');
Application.ProcessMessages;
while webbrowser1.Busy do

Then I would do this

for k := 0 to WebBrowser1.OleObject.Document.Images.Length - 1 do
begin
Source := WebBrowser1.OleObject.Document.Images.Item(k).Src;
p := LastDelimiter('.', Source);
ext := UpperCase(Copy(Source, p + 1, Length(Source)));
if (ext = 'GIF') or (ext = 'JPG') then
begin
p := LastDelimiter('/', Source);
dest := ExtractFilePath(ParamStr(0)) + Copy(Source, p + 1,
Length(Source));
DownloadFile(Source, dest);
end;
end;

Downloadfile is a function :

function DownloadFile(SourceFile, DestFile: string): Boolean;
begin
try
Result := UrlDownloadToFile(nil, PChar(SourceFile), PChar(DestFile), 0,
nil) = 0;
except
Result := False;
end;
end;

Is there a way to do this in Firemonkey ?

Thanks
Read More...

Hi

I am trying to write an application that will download images from a website using the TWebbrowser in Firemonkey.

I have been able to do this with the VCL TWebbrowser but have no idea how to do it in Firemonkey.

In VCL I would :

Then I would do this

begin
begin
Length(Source));
end;
end;

begin
try
nil) = 0;
except
end;
end;

Thanks
Read More...

Hi

In VCL I would :

Then I would do this

begin
begin
Length(Source));
end;
end;

begin
try
nil) = 0;
except
end;
end;

Thanks
Read More...

Iceman created a new topic ' Datasnap and DSRestConnection error handling' in the forum. 2 years ago

Hi

What is the best way to handle errors in connections on the DSRestconnection. I have a datasnap server and a firemonkey client.

Firstly, I would like to change the timeout on the DSRestConnection so I dont hang my client if there are connectivity issues,

Secondly, how can I handle the case where connectivity is lost but then reestablished without closing the application and reopenng it?

Regards
Oliver
Read More...

Iceman thanks user 'Dmitry A' in the forum message ' Firedac MSSQL Performance Issues'. 2 years ago
Iceman created a new topic ' Firedac MSSQL Performance Issues' in the forum. 2 years ago

Hi all

I am experiencing some issues with Firedac and MSSQL since upgrading my applications from BDE to Firedac. It seems that Firedac's default fetch options are causing the issue. Unless mode is set to fmAll (by default it is fmOnDemand), I experience numerous sql blocks and lags.

With a query open and set to fmOnDemand, my Disk IO is :

Disk IO Bad.png

My regular Disk IO is :

Disk IO Good.png

According to the DB Administrator, the queries are open with an ASYNC_NETWORK_IO wait type.

Are there any suggestions to alleviate these performance issues other than changing the fetch mode ?

Has anyone else experienced these issues ? I cant imagine that I am the only one with these problems. The application is compiled with Delphi XE5. Have there been any changes in Firedac since that version that would help ? I haven't upgraded to XE8 due
Read More...

Iceman uploaded new file Disk IO Good.png in Forums 2 years ago
Iceman uploaded new file Disk IO Bad.png in Forums 2 years ago
Iceman started a new discussion Numerical Keyboard input for T... 2 years ago

Hi I need to restrict the keyboard input into a TGrid to numbers. The TGrid usies live bindings to link to an underlying dataset. Would I use the OnCreateCustomerEditor event to achieve this ? If so, do you perhaps have an example ? I have searched for documentation on this event but cannot find much. Thanks in advance...

Iceman uploaded new file RADStudioIDE HeroShot XE8 large.png in Answers 2 years ago
Iceman started a new discussion Firemonkey Application UI Desi... 2 years ago

Hi all I am looking for sample code so that I can develop an application with a similar look and feel to the one in the screen shot. We have developed 3 applications for mobile but we have not been able to replicate the clean look and feel like the one below. It would be really appreicated if Embarcadero could supply and end to end application that...

Iceman uploaded new file RADStudioIDE HeroShot XE8 large.png in Answers 2 years ago