Registered U25487

Last login: 1 month ago
Profile viewed: 241 views

No Rank

Registered U25487 replied to the topic 'Web / Mobile Development' in the forum. 1 month ago

web is HTML5 typically, Mobile is Java for Android or cocoa for Apple.

I am not aware of any such technology that will do all well, if you are doing anything more than the most basic of apps native is the way to go professionally. EMB FMX is not quite there yet, beta is the best description i could give FMX on Android even on 10.2.3

Depending on what you need you might be ok with just a web app, keep it simple if you can, the less different executable packages to maintain the better. Web is then accessible on any browser, OS independent.

Read More...

Registered U25487 replied to the topic 'reducing image resolution' in the forum. 1 month ago

This might help

I use streams to do the scaling, you could use file streams if this is the use.

Note i am also cropping but you could modify to scale without cropping.

procedure ScaleJpg(const Source, Dest: TMemoryStream; Width, Height : Integer);
var
  SourceImg, DestImg: TJPEGImage;
  Bmp: TBitmap;
  R: TRect;

function CropRect(const Dest: TRect; SrcWidth, SrcHeight: Integer): TRect;
  var
    W: Integer;
    H: Integer;
    Scale: Single;
    AOffset: TPoint;
  begin
    W := Dest.Right - Dest.Left;
    H := Dest.Bottom - Dest.Top;
    Scale := Max(W / SrcWidth, H / SrcHeight);
    AOffset.X := (W - Round(SrcWidth * Scale)) div 2;
    AOffset.Y := (H - Round(SrcHeight * Scale)) div 2;
    with Dest do
      Result := Rect(Left + AOffset.X, Top + AOffset.Y, Right - AOffset.X,
        Bottom - AOffset.Y);
  end;

begin
  //Resizes a larger JPG image
  Bmp := TBitmap.Create;

try
    SourceImg := TJPEGImage.Create;
    try
      //SourceImg.Scale := jsEighth;
      SourceImg.LoadFromStream(Source);
      //Center and scale image
      R := CropRect(Rect(0, 0, Width, Height), SourceImg.Width, SourceImg.Height);

Bmp.SetSize(Width,Height);
      Bmp.Canvas.StretchDraw(R, SourceImg);
    finally
      SourceImg.Free;
    end;

DestImg := TJPEGImage.Create;
    try
      DestImg := TJPEGImage.Create;
      DestImg.Assign(Bmp);
      DestImg.SaveToStream(Dest);
      //DestImg.SaveToFile('C:\test.jpg');
    finally
      DestImg.Free;
    end;
  finally
    Bmp.Free;
  end;
end;

Read More...

Thank you Emailx45

However you have not read the question, how does your answer refer to FMX.DialogService?

I did not ask a question regarding TEdit. I am well aware you can set the keyboard type for a TEdit.

Please do not answer a question if you do not have the knowledge. This is the second time you have done this on my questions, you are wasting your time.

If however it is not possible with FMX to specify the input type of the dialog-service, i will put this in with the rest of the features that are missing from EMB software.

EMB if you are going to do something do it properly or not at all.

Read More...

Hello

I wish to use the dialogue service but have number entry only, how do you do this? there is nowhere to set the keyboard or input type unlike in native android with SetInputType?

Are we stuck with qwerty keyboard?

Regards

Read More...

Registered U25487 replied to the topic '[Android] How to get line number from ANR/ Crash report' in the forum. 1 month ago

I am specifically referring to this, not how to obtain an ANR report.

#02 pc 000000000054de7d /data/app/com.xxxx-2/lib/arm/libxxxx.so (???)

how do we translate the (???) to something meaningful. This looks like an offset: 54de7d but it does not match the MAP file it appears.

Regards

Read More...

Registered U25487 replied to the topic '[Android] How to get line number from ANR/ Crash report' in the forum. 1 month ago

Anyone?

Read More...

"comming weeks" would EMB care to reimburse us for subscription costs while we wait so we can use the product we have paid for? this is not acceptable and half baked. 10.2.3 is using API and NDK tools that are YEARS old, you cant do this to customers

Registered U25487 created a new topic ' [Android] How to get line number from ANR/ Crash report' in the forum. 2 months ago

Can anyone advise how to get the unit and line number in source code from ANR or crash reports on google play?

All I get from my internal code is the libxxxx.so name then (???) line number or procedure called which makes debugging near impossible.

Have tried a lot of different compiler options but nothing seems to improve this. Map file offsets dont match up with the reported offset.

eg:

#00 pc 000000000001341c /system/lib/libc.so (syscall+28)
#01 pc 0000000000017539 /system/lib/libc.so (_Z33__pthread_cond_timedwait_relativeP14pthread_cond_tP15pthread_mutex_tPK8timespec+56)
#02 pc 000000000054de7d /data/app/com.xxxx-2/lib/arm/libxxxx.so (???)
#03 pc 00000000007d88b7 /data/app/com.xxxx-2/lib/arm/libxxxx.so (???)
#04 pc 00000000007d8a01 /data/app/com.xxxx-2/lib/arm/libxxxx.so (???)
#05 pc 0000000000069513 /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so (???)
#06 pc 00000000002443c7 /system/framework/arm/boot.oat (Java_android_app_NativeActivity_onPauseNative__J+90)
at android.app.NativeActivity.onPauseNative (Native method)
at android.app.NativeActivity.onPause (NativeActivity.java:209)
at com.embarcadero.firemonkey.FMXNativeActivity.onPause (FMXNativeActivity.java:200)

Read More...

Registered U25487 replied to the topic 'Forums unusable' in the forum. 2 months ago

Both abysmal and amazing at the same time. Perhaps time to go to forum system not a free one?

Read More...

Registered U25487 replied to the topic 'forums.embarcadero.com is UP!' in the forum. 2 months ago

Can someone please advise, why is this forum the replacement for the old forum? It looks like it has been built for teens and mobile platform, Hint: We don't use mobile to develop on. Hint: if we want facebook/twitter we would BE ON THOSE PLATFORMS.

Images for someones photo take up 20% of the post. Seriously useless information.

A single line reply takes up a huge amount of vertical space. I really dont want to see mine or anyone else's image of their favorite game or anime character when I am searching how to fix some EMB bug or workaround. IT IS JUST NOT IMPORTANT OR PROFESSIONAL.

Post width utilizes 1/3rd of a 2560 x 1440 display, is this too modern for this forum engine? Why design something that is bad when you can design something that is usable?

Information is buried and the categories are useless. Nowhere to discuss specific items such as mobile/ android/ FMX other than "programming"?

The old forum - poor but not this bad.

Having tools that are usable in a commercial environment is mandatory. This forum is not commercial grade.

Read More...

Registered U25487 replied to the topic 'What Andorid NDK/API Combo in tokyo 10.2.3' in the forum. 2 months ago

so our latest and greatest version of RAD studio only supports: Android NDK, Revision 9c (December 2013)
That is 5 years old (!).

Anyhow I do have NDK r17b and API 28 compiling and running and deploying on 10.2.3, havent come across any specific issues relating to the NDK and API with the features we are using.

Read More...

Registered U25487 replied to the topic 'How to target a particular Android SDK' in the forum. 2 months ago

The android target is in the xml file:

AndroidManifest.template.xml

this is what i have done:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="%minSdkVersion%" android:targetSdkVersion="28" />

which seemed to work.

Read More...

Registered U25487 created a new topic ' What Andorid NDK/API Combo in tokyo 10.2.3' in the forum. 2 months ago

Where can we find information on what NDK version and API combo we should be using?

Have installed and using API 28 but still on NDK r9c that was dated 2013 that comes with Tokyo 10.2.3

Can we (or should we?) use r17b with Tokyo?

Also why is there no android/ firemonkey specific forum topics? IMO the old forum was antiquated but better than this or is there another forum that we should be using?

Read More...

and this is with XE10 Berlin Update 1, Im having issues with memory corruption, i found one issue in the Firedac Framework of bad unicode char conversion with buffer overruns, now looking for more of the same in DS...

@ Jay This is interesting - i have found the same thing. The actual JSON however with wireshark contains these odd characters #192 and what seems to be random characters in front of the actual data (in the above case a "," character mine is a ":" or

2nd the uninstall and reinstall headache, only just installed update 1 which takes a day to get running with additional components. My only complaint about this model of endless updating.