David Moorhouse

Member since: Tuesday, 14 October 2014
Last login: 4 months ago
Profile viewed: 358 views

Your Rank: 93
Points: 1

Thx JimHow to deploy the PAServer ?

404 - page not found. Unfortunately this website is a joke.

The video mentions downloadable code for the example, Where is it located. Thx.

David Moorhouse replied to the topic 'XML Data Binding broken' in the forum. 2 years ago

So it looks like there are a number of problems with the XML data binding tool, most going back for the decade or so since it has been in existence.
https://jonlennartaasenden.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/delphi-xml-data-binding-pains/
And heaps more in the comments of this post
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/medington/index.php/2004/07/21/xml-data-binding-wizard-fixes/
I'd be embarrassed if the software I ship contained this number of bugs for such a period of time :(

Read More...

David Moorhouse replied to the topic 'XML Data Binding broken' in the forum. 2 years ago

The plot thickens ...
This looks like an error that was known about as far back as 2002. I have found a Borland Newsgroup pots where Mark E shows a partilal work around (removing the targetNamespace attribute).
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/borland.public.delphi.xml/PMydL1h1YDw/TJqCcbfjP6YJ
I have tried this work around and now get the error "Included schema file 'C:\temp\fhir-base.xsd' has an invalid targetNamespace etc."
So still looking for a solution to this problem.

Read More...

David Moorhouse created a new topic ' XML Data Binding broken' in the forum. 2 years ago

I'm trying to use the Data Binding Wizard to create wrapper classes to encapsulate an XML file.
The XSD schema file I want to import can be found at http://www.hl7.org/fhir/allergyintolerance.xsd - which by the way is part of a very cool new Health Information standard that has been written by a Delphi guru.
Anyway, the data binding wizard crashes with the following message: "The system cannot find the object specified"
I've played around a bit with the XSD file and think it is crashing on this line

If I change the include line to supply the full path e.g. hl7.org/fhir/fhir-base.xsd"/> I get a different error.
"The filename, directory name, or volume syntax is incorrect"
But the included file can be loaded via my browser when I supply the full path- although the wizard cannot locate it.
I'm a bit stuck and wondering if there is anything obvious I should be trying.

Read More...