Roger Cigol

Current status: "Use "Quick Reply" in the forums: Your C++ code samples will then paste in correctly !" - 2 months ago
Last login: 5 days ago
Profile viewed: 3,135 views

Your Rank: 32

Roger Cigol replied to the topic 'Posting example code?????' in the forum. 5 days ago

Or you may need to try to paste it using "plain text" rather than HTML

I think this is an option in the editor when you start a new posting.

If not, you can enter plain text as "replies" using the "Quick Reply" button.

I tend to prefer plain text unless I really do need HTML.
Regards, Roger

Read More...

Hi Kevin,

Me trying to be helpful - right answer - but I posted it to the wrong forum entry. Sorry for confusion.

I have no idea about the inticacies of licensing, sorry.

Regards, Roger

Read More...

You may need to try to paste it using "plain text" rather than HTML

I think this is an option in the editor when you start a new posting.

If not, you can enter plain text as "replies" using the "Quick Reply" button.

I tend to prefer plain text unless I really do need HTML.
Regards, Roger

Read More...

Roger Cigol replied to the topic 'IntToHex is flawed (Delphi 10.2)' in the forum. 1 week ago

Hi Christian,
A puzzling result at first sight but it is correct.
The second parameter ("2" in your example) is "indicates the minimum number of hexadecimal digits to return".
So converting +2 will return "02".
But the minimum number of hexadecimal digits to return pads with leading zeros. So -ve numbers (represented in 2s compliment binary) will always return the full 32 bit representation (because the sign bit is always set for a negative number.
If you REALLY know that you are only working with 8 bit values and just want to display the two least significant characters returned by IntToHex then simply use the substring function to take the last two characters.
Regards Roger.

Read More...

Roger Cigol replied to the topic 'Android Development' in the forum. 1 week ago

Hi Robert,
Everyone on this forum will say (quite rightly) that Delphi is a valid and used environment for Android development.
Try it and see what you think.
Regards Roger.

Read More...

Roger Cigol replied to the topic 'Hiding items on the IDE toolbar.' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

Hi Wallace,
Ahh! you mean the tools palette.
I just type the first few letters of what I need into the search box and up pops what you need.
However a right click on each of the tabs brings ability to hide individual items and/or delete whole tabs. There is also an option "reset palette" which I assume brings it all back. I haven't tried this!
I can't see a way to change the icon size.
Hope this helps.
Regards, Roger

Read More...

Roger Cigol replied to the topic 'Hiding non-visual control captions PER FORM' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

Hi Keith,
I don't think this is possible.
But since it is a very quick process to hide/show the non-visual controls it isn't really something vital!
If you are a short cuts man just use <ctrl>H to toggle the display of non-visual controls. If you prefer menu control just right click on the form and select the toggle option from the pop up menu.
Regards, Roger

Read More...

Roger Cigol replied to the topic 'Hiding items on the IDE toolbar.' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

Hi Wallace,
Try menu: View | Toolbars | Customise and then click and drag unwanted icons from the tool bar to the "customise toolbar" dialog box to remove the ones you don't want. (you can always do the opposite route to add them back again later).
Regards Roger

Read More...

Roger Cigol replied to the topic 'CompareDate is ambiguous' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

Hi Jacek,
When you get an "ambiguous" error from the compiler it means it can't work out which of two (or more) possible functions it should use. The solution is to explicitly specify the full namespace with the function call.

You can find what to use by opening up the header file with the function definition (in your case this
is System.DateUtils.hpp) and finding the function (in your case CompareDate). You can then work back up through the file to find the namespace(s) that the function is defined in.

In your case the solution is to use the function call

System::Dateutils::CompareDate(.....)

Regards, Roger

Read More...