Didier Cabalé

Last login: 3 hours 42 minutes ago
Profile viewed: 1,016 views

Your Rank: 70

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'searchbox - start the search by first typed key' in the forum. yesterday

Sorry, cannot see your attachment.
Note to the moderator: is this feature working?

Read More...

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'searchbox - start the search by first typed key' in the forum. yesterday

preamble for the webmaster: the attachment is accessible only when in "Reply" mode

Ok, now I understand the conditions:
1. Firemonkey application, with, at design-time, a TListBox.
2. TSearchBox as TListBox child, added at run-time.
3. State that, magically, the TSearchBox filters the TListBox content.
The DocWiki pageDocWiki says: "TSearchBox is an edit control that provides search capabilities such as filtering the result in the parent"

Thanks for reminding us this capability.

Read More...

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'searchbox - start the search by first typed key' in the forum. 4 days ago

> if i add a searchbox control and set it parent to my listbox ..

I understand that you use the *FMX* TListView control with the SearchVisible property set to true, that makes embed a TSearchBox inside the TListView at its top.
If you use the *VCL* TListView or TListBox, then you cannot embed a TSearchBox inside.
Preferably, could you please attach a sample project describing your starting situation in order to avoid useless assumptions.

Read More...

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'cannot attach file or Tag to posts' in the forum. 1 week ago

other test to attach a .zip

File Attachment:

File Name: 2018-04-01.zip
File Size: 44 KB
file

Read More...

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'searchbox - start the search by first typed key' in the forum. 1 week ago

I understand that you use the *FMX* TListView control with the SearchVisible property set to true, that makes embed a TSearchBox inside the TListView at its top.
If you use the *VCL* TListView or TListBox, then you cannot embed a TSearchBox inside.
Preferably, could you please attach a sample project describing your starting situation in order to avoid useless assumptions.

Read More...

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'searchbox - start the search by first typed key' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

1. I could not add any standalone FMX.TSearchBox, because as the says DocWiki TSearchBox help : "TSearchBox is an edit control that provides search capabilities such as filtering the result in the parent."

2. Thus I understand that you use the *FMX* TListView (not TListBox) control with the SearchVisible property set to true, that makes embed a TSearchBox inside the TListView at its top. Correct?

3. If you use the *VCL* TListView or TListBox, then you cannot embed a TSearchBox inside.

Read More...

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'searchbox - start the search by first typed key' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

Read More...

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'searchbox - how to start the search by first char' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

1. not sure to understand correctly your question: what is an "automatic search"? search start after typing the 1 char or after typing 2 chars? what is your "listbox" ragarding the TSearchBox?
2. if I assume you want to run a search after the 1st char is typed, then why would'nt you run your search on the TSearchBox.OnChange event (leaving nil the classical TSearchBox.OnInvokeSearch)?

Read More...

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'Need help to transfer XE5 to XE10.2 project Delphi' in the forum. 1 month ago

Hi Thomas,
to assign properly to your "smoothgroups" variable, you will have to:
1. declare "smoothgroups" as a proper type, like TArrayOfSmoothGroups, instead of simply declaring it like a "Array of TSmoothGroup"
2. dereference your pointer, and cast its reference, because it is untyped. Which gives something like "SmoothGroups := TArrayOfSmoothGroups(YourPointer^)"

Read More...

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'cannot attach file or Tag to posts' in the forum. 10 months ago

this is the test for file attachment
test_file_to_upload

Read More...

Didier Cabalé created a new topic ' cannot attach file or tag to posts' in the forum. 1 year ago

Hi all,
1. although I'm able to upload a file when creating a new post, this file is never added to the post.
2. although I can see Tags can be added to the post, I have found no way to add them.
Are these known problems?
Thanks

Read More...

Didier Cabalé created a new topic ' visually binding a TObject to a TControl' in the forum. 1 year ago

LiveBindings is a powerfull framework for binding TObject's to a TControl property.
When using the LiveBindings Designer to do that, you would expect that the bindings will be automatic, ie after a TObject's property change, you can expect that the binded TControl's property is updated.
But this is not the case. To get the binded TControl's property to be updated, you need to re-activate the TPrototypeBindSource (by setting TPrototypeBindSource.Active to false and true).
Is this the expected way of using it? Do LiveBindings architects agree with this?
Thanks in advance for your views.
To show exactly how to reproduce the problem, I attached the simplest project

Read More...

Didier Cabalé posted a comment on What is Delphi’s DNA? 2 years ago

I would precise the position of the pyramid representing the levels of development: I would simply invert it, and keeping Platform API's down at its narrow base. Why? Because upper level brings much wider possibilities than lower, for the same invest

Didier Cabalé replied to the topic 'why some sample projects missing from XE7 upward?' in the forum. 2 years ago

> We removed some demos that were outdated, and then restructured the demo folder
Let's take an example: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/radstudiodemos/code/branches/RadStudio_XE6/Object%20Pascal/VCL/ShellControls/, is a demo project present in RADStudio XE6 demo folder, and absent in RADStudio XE7 demo folder. Why this demo project should be considered as outdated?
> but you can still find the old ones on SourceForge.https://sourceforge.net/projects/radstudiodemos/
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/radstudiodemos/code/branches/ or https://sourceforge.net/p/radstudiodemos/code/HEAD/tree/branches/ do not provide any demo for older versions than RAD Studio XE

Read More...