David Millington

Last login: 5 days ago
Profile viewed: 2,644 views

No Rank

We would certainly like to. We are upgrading to newer versions of Clang, so features like that will be possible as we roll out the updated toolchain.

Stay tuned - we are aware of the Android issues and will have news.

We are now doing one release per year; hotfixes can be isntalled without a reinstall of the IDE; and updates do but it's hidden, ie "just works" - just click the button and go. Make sure you're using the GetIt installer, it's much, much faster than t

Not yet, but 8.2 works fine. Stay tuned for news about 8.3.

Thanks for the feedback! Bugs vanishing is good

We had a customer report recently that we tracked down to an antivirus. This seems to be quite common. Unfortunately, we can't help the behaviour of third party software that hurts ours.

Sorry Stephan, not quite sure what you mean here. The call stack should always be visible when paused while debugging.

David Millington posted a comment on Mixing Delphi and C++ 4 days ago

Yes, you can! You can use packages on any operating system. (On some like iOS they're always statically linked in, rather than being dynamic, due to OS design or restrictions. But you can still use them )

I run Delphi and C++Builder on a Mac, and I do this through Parallels, after switching from VMWare Fusion a few years ago.< ...

We are pleased to release a hotfix for RAD Studio 10.2. This hotfix addresses: debugger issues for Android, iOS, and Linux; Delphi Win64 compiler issues; a C++ RTL issue addressing a crash on exit; a se ...

David Millington posted a comment on C++Builder 10.2 is out! 2 months ago

Thanks Andy. Will look into it.

Hi Ricardo - do you mean the command-line debugger? I don't believe we've shipped that for many versions now...

We're considering several ways to improve debugging STL containers. Stay tuned!

They're on the list

So far as I know mutli-tenancy works, yes! What have you tried?Perhaps you can contact support, who should be able to help you with your app.

Hopefully, or if not then soon - we have ongoing work in the linker planned to address any remaining issues or problems that specific customers still encounter.

I see a comment in that thread that someone is still encountering problems - but unfortunately nothing to help us reproduce them. If you still have problems, please attach a repro project, or if it's commercially sensitive get in touch and we can arr

Win64 is something we'll look at longer-term - can't share those plans now, sorry.

Hi Peter - is that this post? https://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/deferring-c-rename-refactoring-from-10-1-berlin-update-2That refers to "a" future version. It is coming, but it's not in 10.2 I'm afraid. We're working on C++ language servi

Thanks Al. Everything is being worked on! (Btw, we do have DataSnap in Linux. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/DataSnap_Server_Wizard_for_Linux )