David Millington

Last login: 6 days ago
Profile viewed: 2,404 views

No Rank

Hopefully, or if not then soon - we have ongoing work in the linker planned to address any remaining issues or problems that specific customers still encounter.

I see a comment in that thread that someone is still encountering problems - but unfortunately nothing to help us reproduce them. If you still have problems, please attach a repro project, or if it's commercially sensitive get in touch and we can arr

Win64 is something we'll look at longer-term - can't share those plans now, sorry.

David Millington posted a comment on C++Builder 10.2 is out! 7 days ago

Hi Peter - is that this post? https://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/deferring-c-rename-refactoring-from-10-1-berlin-update-2That refers to "a" future version. It is coming, but it's not in 10.2 I'm afraid. We're working on C++ language servi

David Millington posted a comment on C++Builder 10.2 is out! 7 days ago

Thanks Al. Everything is being worked on! (Btw, we do have DataSnap in Linux. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/DataSnap_Server_Wizard_for_Linux )

David Millington updated blog post C++Builder 10.2 is out! in Blogs 1 week ago

We are very happy to announce the release of RAD Studio 10.2! Sign up for the release webinar on Monday 27th March! More information

David Millington created new blog post C++Builder 10.2 is out! in Blogs 1 week ago

We are very happy to announce the release of RAD Studio 10.2! Sign up for the release webinar on Monday 27th March! More information

RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo is out now, and I'd like to let you know some of what you can expect to see new on the C++Builder side.  While the majority of work is for Linux ...

RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo is out now, and I'd like to let you know some of what you can expect to see new on the C++Builder side.  While the majority of work is for Linux ...

Glad you like them.We haven't made any CMake changes in 10.2.0. It's still on the roadmap though.

Is it a C or C++ library, and does it expose C++ classes?Supporting the object format is only one step in compatibility, even if the class layout is the same (which is a big if.) STL versions and compatibility, memory allocation, specific RTL functio

Build success, but you get an error about being unable to open the makefile? That's very odd.I'm not sure I can answer the reasons for that one. Maybe a CMake support forum would be better?

Sounds like a CMake bug. Since it's a RC, have you filed a bug with them?

> Honestly, that's tough: there is no way I could pass along our trade secretsI understand, and I know creating small code snippets can be tricky. Unfortunately we do need to be able to reproduce issues to fix them.> I'm mainly developing on Xeons .

yulen38 is friends with David Millington

RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo will be out very soon, and I'd like to let you know some of what you can expect to see new on the C++Builder side.  While the majority of work is for Linux, which will be available for C++ in 10.2.1, we've worked on thre ...

RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo will be out very soon, and I'd like to let you know some of what you can expect to see new on the C++Builder side.  While the majority of work is for Linux, which will be available for C++ in 10.2.1, we've worked on thre ...

They're not in this release, but I hope soon! It's a common request.

Hi Reinaldo - it's the same linker, but improved. So no support for COFF for Win64, I'm afraid. (What's your use case here - linking MSVC- or ICC-built libraries?)