Absa Lootly

Last login: 6 days ago
Profile viewed: 578 views

No Rank

Absa Lootly posted a comment on FireMonkey vs. VCL 2 months ago

VCL and FireMonkey are just methods of handling the display of your application. You could also opt to use neither if you wanted a console application. The underlying code would run at the same speed in all three scenarios if you take into account

Absa Lootly posted a comment on FireMonkey vs. VCL 1 year ago

I have not seen this to be true. I have been working on a HD Firemonkey app for 15 months. I cannot say that the 3D would not be more intensive on battery use, but I have not seen a problem from the HD app.

I think that much of what we perceive as bugs are actually differences in the way things are done. There are, however, bugs. As an example:I have always preferred to have a light tough in error handling. I want to see the bugs come to the surface

Intra-Rep timing...

I am using 10.1.1 (Berlin with the update)The app is intended to allow the user to enter any form of workout that they want to do, then allow the user to run the workout. The run of the workout includes many forms of timing including inra-rep timing

I have written programs in Delphi with the VCL since Delphi 1.0. I started a project using FireMonkey more than 15 months ago. I can say, in all seriousness, that FireMonkey has a long way to go. The same project I have been working on in FireMonk

When will the Text To Speech and Voice recognition capabilities be added as a part of the standard libraries? I need to use both now and it would be nice to be able to have them working cross platform.

OK, thanks for clarifying. I thought that maybe there was an advancement that I did not know about, based on that line I quoted.I am trying to write my code in a manner that will allow me to do the vast majority of my testing and debugging on Window

"By default, all references to interfaces use reference counting"I thought that the automatic reference counting was implemented by objects that descend from TInterfacedObject only. I just wanted to get that clarified.