cupboy

Current status: "android developer name" - less than a minute ago
Last login: 3 hours 40 minutes ago
Profile viewed: 143 views

No Rank

cupboy created a new topic ' Service Start parameters come up blank' in the forum. 4 hours 41 minutes ago

Checked the windows application log which my service writes to and it shows ParamCount as being 5 which is corrrect but if I try to read any with ParamStr(i) they are all blank and if I display the CmdLine variable all I get is the name of the exe (without the full path.

I was going to read a config file to get the params but I could not get it to do that either since it would just say the file was not found.

Oh yea don't try to install a service using the /Install parameter. Use sc instead.

Read More...

cupboy replied to the topic 'Starting service says cannot find the file specified' in the forum. 11 hours 10 minutes ago

I have tried it with different names already. I guess maybe Delphi services just don't work on Windows 10. Looks like I will have to use the dreaded .net instead.

Read More...

cupboy replied to the topic 'Starting service says cannot find the file specified' in the forum. yesterday

yes it is but apparently that is not the file it is looking for

Read More...

cupboy created a new topic ' Starting service says cannot find the file specified' in the forum. yesterday

What file name is it looking for? Is there any way to tell? The file name I see in the properties on the Services page does exist but that must not be the file it is really looking for.

Read More...

cupboy created a new topic ' Installing service gets Access is denied' in the forum. yesterday

Install it like this: C:\WINDOWS\system32>checkDateService.exe /install
worked fine the first time but now all I get is

Application Error
Exception EOSError in module checkDateService2.exe at 0002B831.

System Error. Code: 5.

Access is denied.

OK

I've tried changing the name of the exe and the name of the service but it didn't matter. The operating system is Windows 10 and the Delphi version is the current version.

Read More...

Is it possible to simply avoid the Play Store and just have customers download the app from a website? I've seen some articles on the web but they are incomplete. I tried some PHP code I saw and it downloaded the apk file but said parsing error when trying to open the app.

Read More...

cupboy replied to the topic 'Android : Getting a result from a MessageDialog' in the forum. 1 week ago

I mentioned Android in the Topic title, so that would be FMX. Changing it to Sync doesn't help. I still get no result on the phone. Running it in Windows works fine but that's not how the app will be used.

Read More...

cupboy created a new topic ' Android : Getting a result from a MessageDialog' in the forum. 1 week ago

Anyone know how to actually get a result from a MessageDialog? I see other apps using dialog boxes so there must be a way. I've searched the web and found nothing useful so far.

Read More...

cupboy replied to the topic 'URLEncode in unit IdURI returns the string same as entered' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

I switched REST call to be a post instead so did not need to encode the URL then so that fixed it for me.

I think the robot took away my previous reply but who knows what happened.

Read More...

cupboy replied to the topic 'URLEncode in unit IdURI returns the string same as entered' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

I did use TIdURI.URLEncode() but it does not handle the + so you have to go and manually fix it to be %2B. I ended up just changing my REST call to be a post instead of get which eliminated the URL encoding problem altogether.

Read More...

cupboy created a new topic ' Can we get this link put back?' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

Some link from Sarina (maybe she is no longer with the company?)

community.embarcadero.com/component/remo...othDeviceBrowser.zip

Read More...

cupboy created a new topic ' Turn Bluetooth on/off with Android app' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

Any complete example of how to do this? I have found incomplete examples like one posted on the old forum that can no longer be replied to. These was something in that example called JBluetoothAdapter. I have not been able to determine the uses for that. The poster left out all the uses statements in his example, apparently assuming we had that knowledge already.

Read More...

In a real program we are not going to be typing values into a property box. Can we change this example to show how to do it in code? That's what most of us are doing, we are writing code. Also in the real world we would be using more than 1 parameter

cupboy created a new topic ' URLEncode in unit IdURI returns the string same as entered' in the forum. 2 weeks ago

The URLEncode function does nothing except return the string the same way it was sent into it. Is there something else I can use that actually functions?

Traffic lights don't include the polls. I'm not a robot.

Read More...

cupboy created a new topic ' I'm not a robot' in the forum. 3 weeks ago

I lost the post I was working on with this robot test stuff. Can we get rid of this? Please supply an email address of who I can contact about this site.

Read More...

cupboy created a new topic ' Where would I get BORLNDMM.DLL ?' in the forum. 4 weeks ago

This DLL does not seem to come with the product Delphi 10.2 so where would I get it?

Wow, 10 tries to get past the robot thing. It must have thought I was a robot for sure.

Read More...

Whoever created the KastriFree/Demos/AndroidAPI26/
needs to know there are some things missing, so it does not compile. These include DW.PermissionsRequester, DW.PermissionsTypes, DW.MediaLibrary. I'm not quite sure of the purpose of this demo if files are not included to test it. Maybe they were there once and were removed.

Read More...

cupboy created a new topic ' Cannot Deploy an Application for Android - says unsigned' in the forum. 1 month ago

So, the keystore file exists so what else needs to be done? I am using the current version of Delphi (people like asking me the version, so there you go).

Read More...

cupboy created a new topic ' Marking Android App as non-debuggable' in the forum. 1 month ago

I update the AndroidManifest.xml file to set debugging False but as soon as I do a build it changes it back to True. This is not helpful. Is there some other way to set debugging to False. I could find nothing in Project Options to do this. I am using the current version of Delphi.

Read More...