Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Project option 'Link with runtime library' negated

Project option 'Link with runtime library' negated 7 years 2 months ago #2156

Hi,

Does anyone have an explanation to this? If I set Project/Options/Packages/Runtime Packages/Link with runtime packages to true, open Project/Deployment and click on Reconsile, then I see a lot more required libraries than if I set the option to false.

Shouldn't I see less required libraries if "Link with runtime libraries" is true?

Also, even if I set "Link with runtime libraries" to false, and "C++ Linker"/"Link with dynamic RTL" and "Link with Delphi runtime library" to true, Project/Deployment shows borlndmm.dll, cc32150.dll and cc32150mt.dll as required.
Is there any way to get all dependant DLL's included in the .exe ?

Project option 'Link with runtime library' negated 7 years 2 months ago #2162

Hello Mats,

If you set all of them to "false" you won't link the app to the DLLs (instead you will include the code in your executable directly) and the executable will work correctly without deploying any file.

Project option 'Link with runtime library' negated 7 years 2 months ago #2165

I now have
- "Link with dynamic RTL" = false
- "Link with Delphi Runtime library" = false
- "Link with runtime packages" = false

But when I open Deployment, I still see cc32150mt.dll, cc32150.dll, borlndmm.dll as DependencyModule, which sort of indicates that there is a dependancy to these DLL's. Or is that assumption incorrect?

Project option 'Link with runtime library' negated 7 years 2 months ago #2176

If you don't link the app to the dynamic runtime library you won't need to deploy those files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mats
  • Page:
Moderators: April Anne