Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: No Android Development function in Delphi XE7 Pro

No Android Development function in Delphi XE7 Pro 3 years 9 months ago #1657

I have posted this in the old forums but they are down and I am not getting any help to resolve this.

I don't know how else to explain it. And i have been reading all over the forums and Embarcadero website resources but still can not resolve this. I can not develop android apps because none of the components, files and/or folders are available. According to the documentations I've read, all the android sdk tools and manager, etc., are installed automatically. And I did not select or un-select anything during the installation process. And i have re-installed delphi xe7 several times, and I just re-installed it from scratch last night, all 6 1/2 hours worth, from uninstalling completely, to re-installing via download over a slow DSL modem. It was a painful process. Anyway.

(1)
Over at the 'Installing the Android Development Tools' webpage over here,

docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE7/en...id_Development_Tools

if you look at the 1st image, I am missing the last three files:
Android SDK's -- folder
Android AVD Manager -- app
Android Toos -- app

(2)
When i go to menu\File\New and select 'Multi-Device Application - Delphi' and a new development window opens up, when I head over to the Projects Manager window, under 'Target Platforms', there is no Android icon. And if i right-click Target Platforms, 'Add Platform...' is grayed out, but i can only see targets for:

32-bit windows
64-bit windows
OS X

(3)
And, the drop-down list under Style: only shows Windows and OSX

(4)
And, the drop-down list under Views: only shows Master.

(5)
I have successfully installed the USB driver for the android.

(6)
I know that the tablet (see specs below) and android development / sdk tools / sdk manager components work with the delphi xe7 because when i started out with the delphi xe7 trial, I got it working through the help of Embarcadero's tech support. But all that work was removed when delphi xe7 pro was installed--a requirement for this installation process.

(7)
If i missed anything important, please ask, i am desperate to get this working as soon as possible, pulling my hair out and scratching my head over here. Thank you for any assistance I can get.

(8)
My System Specs:
Dell Laptop, 6gig ram, windows 7 home premium, 64-bit.
Delphi XE7 Professional, with FireDAC and Mobile add-on packs
Android tablet: LG G Pad 7" with KitKat 4.4.2, ARM7, Neon -- in device manager, the driver lists the device name as 'V400' under the Portable Devices heading when i plug the LG into the laptop.

PS: apologies. i thought i was in the Installation section. please move it there, if possible, thanks.

No Android Development function in Delphi XE7 Pro 3 years 9 months ago #1672

The reason you don't see Android support is that Delphi Professional includes only Windows and OS X support by default. For mobile development you need to add the "Mobile Add-On" package or choose RAD Studio Professional. The Enterprise edition is also a (more expensive) option for having mobile support, along with many other features.

No Android Development function in Delphi XE7 Pro 3 years 9 months ago #1680

Yeah, I seem to have deleted some emails on my android tablet--it, and gmail was all new to me back then. Anyway. Support got back to me via email and told me via the steps in what to do to get android development up and running...re-run the install, select upgrade, enter my Mobile add-on pack serial, and there it was, the mobile features to install. Oh, I could just kick myself, was so close to realizing that my be the next step. Anyway. I am going through that process now, 22 minutes into it. Hopefully, everything will be what I am expecting. Thanks for the reply.

No Android Development function in Delphi XE7 Pro 3 years 9 months ago #1682

RESOLVED

4 hours later, and the installation of the Mobile add-on pack for Delphi XE7 Professional (to get the Android and other mobile platform development feature installed) have completed successfully. Thank you Embarcadero Support for the assist.

However, I just tried to compile my first android app, (button on a form, selected Android 7" Tablet) and received an error message, about '(!)..Cannot Run on an Android device or Emulator', 'unable to create process: Unable to install c:\user\...\project1.apk'.

I will start a new topic for that. Please consider this topic resolved. Thanks again.

No Android Development function in Delphi XE7 Pro 3 years 9 months ago #1772

I went through this same thing myself :)
re the last problem,make sure your android device is set to usb debugging mode and also make sure its a ARM cpu type
(there is a cpuidentifier app to show you that)
  • Page:
Moderators: April Anne