Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

• Page:

TOPIC: Favorite projects in the XE8 Welcome page?

Favorite projects in the XE8 Welcome page? 7 years 5 months ago #1461

Yes, please, restore it ASAP. Usually a developer has several main parallel projects he is working with over a timeframe of several weeks or months. And in between he creates a lot of smaller test projects which are used only once. So the smaller one-time projects would edge out the main projects from the Recent Projects list. Generally, the Recent Projects list is for short-term usage, while the Favorite Projects list is suited for long-term projects.

Favorite projects in the XE8 Welcome page? 7 years 5 months ago #1571

+1 :)

Favorite projects in the XE8 Welcome page? 7 years 5 months ago #1723

Also, will the MANAGE PROJECTS return so that the projects listed in the Recent Projects list can be cleaned-up, or is there a way that this can already be done.

Favorite projects in the XE8 Welcome page? 7 years 5 months ago #1731

You can use the File | Reopen | Properties dialog box to delete / customize recent projects. This affects both the Reopen menu and the Welcome page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill

Favorite projects in the XE8 Welcome page? 7 years 3 months ago #2652

I don't understand the need to rearrange the welcome page in the first place. It's been virtually the same up to XE7 and then someone gets a wild hair and decides to remove and/or move functionality? Why? It certainly doesn't make those functions easier to use or get to.
I think there are a lot more important things Embarcadero could be focusing on like making the FMX IDE more keyboard friendly. I'm constantly having to move my hand from my keyboard to the mouse to do the simplest things that are second nature keyboard functions in the VCL IDE. Drives me crazy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave

Favorite projects in the XE8 Welcome page? 7 years 2 months ago #2828

So with Update 1 comes the favorites back; however, I find this completely unusable to be able to organize and order my projects as I was able to before.

In XE7 I had multiple favorites groups where I was able to sort my projects into the different groups depending on different factors, which then I was able to find a specific type of project quickly and efficiently.

Now when I need to find a project in my favorites list I have to scroll through them all, and they are in the order I added them to the list, I cannot even edit the order of the list in this new favorites.

Not to mention that the recent projects area of the screen is about 2-3 times taller than the favorites, which to me is useless as I rarely if at all use the recent projects in the IDE.

Please please please please bring back the user friendly favorites that we had before.
  • Page:
Moderators: April Anne