Username: Password: Remember me

1-year subscription

Posts 1 to 6 of 10
Tags: Appmethod
  • Tom B436
  • Gold User
  • Thanks 1
3 years 8 months ago #196
Please clarify the 1-year subscription license.Especially the following questions:1. Will the product stop working after 1 year, if subscription is not renewed?2. If answer to 1 is yes, how is the 1 year limit enforced? (For example, is an internet connection required at every session?)3. Can the licensee install the product on two or more computers (desktop, laptop, new hardware)?4. Where can I find the full license terms before I buy the product.
Tom Brunberg
EDIT:Sorry for posting in the Welcome group, I didn't pay attention to the category combo when I entered the message (I was in the AppMethod - Tools category when I selected New Topic and thought the new topic would go in there)
EDIT:I deleted the original and re-entered it here in the Tools category
  • J T403
  • Gold User
  • Thanks 14
3 years 8 months ago #197
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your interest in Appmethod.
1. Will the product stop working after 1 year, if subscription is not renewed?
Yes. The IDE will no longer run after the subscription expires unless you renew. Your deployments will continue to work.
2. If answer to 1 is yes, how is the 1 year limit enforced? (For example, is an internet connection required at every session?)
It is enforced by an installed key and license file which knows when the expiration date is.
3. Can the licensee install the product on two or more computers (desktop, laptop, new hardware)?
Yes, we allow up to 3 computers for a named user license.
4. Where can I find the full license terms before I buy the product.
community.embarcadero.com/index.php/arti...-appmethod-1-13-eula
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by J T403. Reason: fixed link
  • Tom B436
  • Gold User
  • Thanks 1
3 years 8 months ago #199
Thank you JT,I was afraid for your answer to 1. which is a complete showstopper. I will never buy a software development tool on such a license.
The eula mentions a Business License – Perpetual, but that is not available as an option on the online store.Is that something that will be introduced?
Tom
  • J T403
  • Gold User
  • Thanks 14
3 years 8 months ago #200
Hi Tom,
You can buy a Perpetual License for the Business Edition by calling our Sales department.~/jt
  • Tom B436
  • Gold User
  • Thanks 1
3 years 8 months ago #201
Thanks JT.......but no thanks. I'm sure the price would be out of reason anyway, because a Individual license would be sufficient.
Before you lose too many potential customers, you should consider that the competitor you are targeting with AppMethod offers a perpetual license although they are speaking about a subscription.Quote from their store/faq:
Can I continue to use Xxxxxxx when my subscription expires?Yes. Your Xxxxxxx license is perpetual. If you choose not to renew your subscription, you will nolonger have access to new releases and support, and we will be very sad.
RegardsTom
  • J T403
  • Gold User
  • Thanks 14
3 years 8 months ago #203
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your feedback. There will always be other products with differing licensing and pricing models and that's OK; Appmethod offers differentiable value. Likewise, there are also several examples of other products being successful with satisfied customers and a subscription model like Appmethod's. Anyways, I appreciate your input.~/jt
  • Page:
Moderators: @aprilanne