Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

• Page:

TOPIC: Windows 10 Upgrade Kills Delphi XE8 Registration

Windows 10 Upgrade Kills Delphi XE8 Registration 6 years 11 months ago #3174

<p>Is this to be expected? Is there any way to avoid this ?</p>

Windows 10 Upgrade Kills Delphi XE8 Registration 6 years 11 months ago #3191

Hello Christopher,

Depending on how the upgrade was completed will depend on the outcome.

A new upgrade of any operating system can change the registraiton of the product.

For example, changing IP address, domain or machine name will be treated as a new installation.
Therefore a upgrade of operating system, will likely do the same.

There is no reason to be concerned if a registration is required, simply register using the same EDN account as before and the registration will work. If you have any issues such as the registration limit being reached then you can log a free support case via support.embarcadero.com/forms

Regards

Peter Manning
Embarcadero Technical Support

Windows 10 Upgrade Kills Delphi XE8 Registration 6 years 11 months ago #3193

<p>Static IP, no change to domain or machine name ... however Windows 10 change the network from private to public for some reason.</p>
<p>I'm only concerned because in the past I've been left high and dry with no registrations left - which is something I never want to be left with again.</p>

Windows 10 Upgrade Kills Delphi XE8 Registration 6 years 10 months ago #3318

Hello Christopher,

"I'm only concerned because in the past I've been left high and dry with no registrations left - which is something I never want to be left with again."

There is no such process as being left without registrations. You can log a registration increase request as many times as required via http://support.embarcadero.com/forms - there is no limit to the amount of times you can do this. So it really is not a problem

Regards

Peter Manning
Embarcadero Technical Support

Windows 10 Upgrade Kills Delphi XE8 Registration 6 years 10 months ago #3322

"There is no such process as being left without registrations. You can log a registration increase request as many times as required via http://support.embarcadero.com/forms - there is no limit to the amount of times you can do this. So it really is not a problem"

[/i]

Yes, however the reality can sometimes be somewhat different to the theory. I have been left without increase limits for up to a week on two separate Delphi licences.

Given the cost of such occurrences - you understand my nervousness around such issues.
  • Page:
Moderators: April Anne