Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

• Page:

TOPIC: dcc32 and XE8

dcc32 and XE8 7 years 3 months ago #1506

Our build-scripts do not work anymore under XE8. dcc32 says:

This version of the product does not support command line compiling.

XE8 is a trial-installation, as I will need it in our build-server.

Can anyone tell m e how to make this work again?
(scripts with msbuild are fine, we're slowly on the way towards this configuration...)

dcc32 and XE8 7 years 3 months ago #1507

Hi Manuel

the trial version not support the command line compiler. For this you must use a full edition

Best Regards

dcc32 and XE8 7 years 3 months ago #1508

... and how do I use it on the build-server? Buy a separate license?

dcc32 and XE8 7 years 3 months ago #1510

Hi Manuel,

>>... and how do I use it on the build-server?

if you want test XE8 (trial edition) to compile your projects you can but with the IDE and not with command line compiler.

>>Buy a separate license?

I'm sorry but I not understand. The trial edition is free for 30 day and its aim is to evaluate the product. If you must compile and distribute projects for the production you must buy the full version (pro or higher)

dcc32 and XE8 7 years 3 months ago #1512

Of course I will buy the full version, but can I activate the license on the build-server too? In XE7 this might not have been needed.

According to the license this is allowed:

radstudio_license_en.rtf:
2.4. Command Line Compiler. Licensee may install the command line compiler on a separate computer from the Product itself, provided that the sole purpose of doing so is to allow that computer to perform unattended building of applications. The Command Line Compiler shall not be considered a ‘redistributable’.

How do I have to set it up?

dcc32 and XE8 7 years 3 months ago #1513

Installing the compiler(s) to a build machine is legal under the RAD Studio license (XE8 like XE7). Only, you cannot do that with the Trial version, as the command line tools don't ship with it.
  • Page:
Moderators: April Anne