Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

• Page:

TOPIC: Kinvey REST Request

Kinvey REST Request 7 years 8 months ago #662

I am using XE7. Sometimes when trying to retrieve information from the Kinvey Data Store I get a "REST request failed" message. Sometimes it says "timed out" and sometimes it says "closed gracefully". I have even had a Socket Error #107 and I have no idea what that is. And, when I try again a few seconds later all is well. I know I am connected to the Internet with high speed access at the time. Since this request is done through XE7 and usually works is this just something I need to constantly check for? I know very little about this so was hoping someone could shed some light on the issue for me. Thanks.

Kinvey REST Request 7 years 8 months ago #668

Hi Alex,

I use Kinvey frequently with XE7 and am not aware of any issues. Could you please provide more information on what components you are using? That would help me provide some more information.

A good example to look at sourceforge.net/p/radstudiodemos/code/HE...0Samples/Cloud/BaaS/
For this demo, you just need to connect the BaaS components to TKinveyProvider. On TKinveyProvider, make sure you have the AppKey, AppSecret and MasterSecret set that you can find inside your Kinvey.com account.

I would also recommend looking at this blog post: blogs.embarcadero.com/sarinadupont/2014/...studio-xe6-and-baas/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sarina

Kinvey REST Request 7 years 8 months ago #672

Thanks Sarina. I am just using the basic Kinvey XE7 components but since I am new at this I will go over the examples you mention above again. If I continue to have this issue I will see if I can track it down specifically.

Kinvey REST Request 7 years 8 months ago #673

Hi Alex,
You're welcome. If you are adding data from your XE7 app to the cloud, you will need to use the TBackendStorage component. If you are pulling down data you added to the cloud via the BaaS web interface, you will want to use TBackendQuery.

Regards,
Sarina

Kinvey REST Request 7 years 3 months ago #1254

Just now getting back to this and I have tracked down the timed out error to when I upload a file. I am using the following code. Since I am using Kinvey it would be to the Google Cloud. I am using:

BackendFiles1.Files.UploadFile(filename,LStream,'application/json',LFile)

where LFile is a TBackendEntityValue and LStream is a TMemoryStream. Note that the file I am uploading is quite small.

From time to time, I am receiving a message saying the REST request timed out. Can you tell me how I can stop this message from showing up as it isn't particularly user friendly. I have a try-except clause around the UploadFile but it apparently doesn't get to that point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kinvey REST Request 7 years 3 months ago #1256

Hi Alex,
I will have a look.

Regards,
Sarina
  • Page:
Moderators: April Anne