Developer Skill Sprint - Understand User Behavior with AppAnalytics

Posted by on in Tips, Tricks and Techniques

This blog post supports the Developer Skill Sprint covering how to Understand User Behavior with AppAnalytics which aired 05/19/2015.

Understand your users, wherever they are, with AppAnalytics

try-rad-adEmbarcadero® AppAnalytics is the first analytics service for mobile, desktop, and wearables. Understand your end users, wherever they are, to deliver better apps and experiences. Track and measure how often apps are used, which platforms they are running, what features customers are using, find and log crashes and more. Understand user behavior by capturing anonymous usage stats from end users. AppAnalytics is an analytics and tracking service, hosted by Embarcadero Technologies and available for RAD Studio XE8, C++Builder XE8 and Delphi XE8. Understand users today in existing Windows VCL apps, FireMonkey mobile and desktop apps to deliver better solutions.

Get Started using AppAnalytics For Free

All it takes to get started using AppAnalytics is a registered EDN account.

Use your EDN credentials to log into AppAnalytics at http://appanalytics.embarcadero.com.

The free AppAnalytics account allows for up to 10,000 events for a given 30 day period.

Ready to take AppAnalytics to the next level and need more events or more apps? Simply contact your local Embarcadero sales department and request an AppAnalytics upgrade.

AppAnalytics Pricing Info >
Get started integrating AppAnalytics into your app >

appanalytics-screenshot

Skill Sprint Replay

Project FIles

Delphi FMX AppAnalytics

http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30229

Demo's for C++ and Object Pascal can be found in the following directory:

<Documents>\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\Samples\CPP\Mobile Samples\Device Sensors and Services\App Analytics

<Documents>\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\Samples\Object Pascal\Mobile Samples\Device Sensors and Services\App Analytics

Links

Using AppAnalytics to get usage information from our application

Tracking Custom Events with TAappAnalytics in Multi-Device Applications

User Experience as an input to development

Embarcadero Releases New App Analytics Platform for Connected Devices and IoT

AppAnalytics Product Page

DocWiki Links

Using AppAnalytics in VCL

Using AppAnalytics in FMX

AppAnalytics Overview

About
Gold User, Rank: 8, Points: 399
Brian Alexakis is a Product Marketing Manager at Embarcadero Technologies. He is focused on leveraging the connected world of technology to build new experiences for the Internet of Things.

Comments

• Richard M7256
    Richard M7256 Thursday, 6 August 2015

How can you track a subset of forms, rather than all of them, in a Windows VCL application, please?

If I set Options.aoTrackFormActivate to True, then every form will be tracked.

The help file shows the method, TAppAnalytics.TrackWindowActivated, which looks like it would be exactly what I could use - but I can't seem to call it (it doesn't appear to be a valid method of this class). I usually open up the VCL source code and look at the method - but for some reason I can't find it (I'm using XE8).

Any help would be much appreciated, please.

Thanks,
    Richard.

• Richard M7256
    Richard M7256 Sunday, 9 August 2015

I'd just like to add that I need to be able to analyse the flow from one form to another - so using the TrackEvent() method can't be used (at least, from my testing, the events don't appear in the Flow section of the dashboard - which makes sense).

• Please login first in order for you to submit comments
  • Page :

Check out more tips and tricks in this development video: