Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: forums.embarcadero.com is UP!

forums.embarcadero.com is UP! 4 months 4 weeks ago #14443

Steve wrote: No NNTP access. No use to me.

NNTP access works fine, it is just read-only now.

Steve wrote: Too bad. An invaluable source of information is now lost...

forums.embarcadero.com was brought back online so its information would not be lost. Hopefully Embarcadero has the foresight to migrate its posts to the new forum they are creating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

forums.embarcadero.com is UP! 4 months 3 weeks ago #14484

That POS won't accept login.

Emb needs a new webbie.

forums.embarcadero.com is UP! 4 months 3 weeks ago #14485

Remy wrote:

Steve wrote: No NNTP access. No use to me.

NNTP access works fine, it is just read-only now.

I was talking about those web forums now... if they added NNTP to them, it would be nice.
I was not talking about the former forums.

forums.embarcadero.com is UP! 4 months 3 weeks ago #14487

It's important that old information was accessible.

forums.embarcadero.com is UP! 4 months 3 weeks ago #14514

YESSS!!!

forums.embarcadero.com is UP! 4 months 5 days ago #14835

The fact that the "forums.embarcdero.com" has been down is not just an inconvenience, it is simply catastrophic for all Delphi users, but also for Embarcadero itself.
Does this company has any idea what an absolute critical place this Forum has in the success of Delphi? The many amazing (unpaid) support developers, who have answered the endless thousands of questions... without these the beginner and intermediate developers would NEVER ever have been able to get their developments of the ground, and who would therefore also NEVER have gotten to the stage of actually purchasing Embarcadero Delphi products for thousands of dollars... And ALL this because the "forums.embarcdero.com" has always been there to get their questions answered.
I do NOT understand how a Software Development company like Embarcadero cannot keep a Forum server running properly!
Do not even *think* of removing the forums.embarcdero.com because a very high percentage of Google searches related to Delphi point directly to this Forum! And endless years of work will get lost when this server is taken down!
But must more important is that THIS Forum server is IHMO the best I have ever used for software development issues,
The utter JOKE of THIS very so-called forum I am now posting this on, what is wrong with Embarcadero that they ever let this happen?
Do they NOT understand anything of how the original Forum in fact is the *main* reason they are still in business???

For God sake, just properly REPAIR the original Forum without losing any of its many years of important data.
It is totally irrelevant if it would cost money to (for example) transfer the entire system to a better hardware platform if that would be required.
I say this again: Embarcadero would NOT be where it is now (and still in business) if it was not for this very "forums.embarcdero.com" and the many experienced programmers who endlessly answered the questions of the beginners... who NOW are way further down the line, purchasing Embarcadero products, but otherwise would have given up a long time ago.
And I am one of these.

Bart Kindt
CEO
SARTrack Limited, New Zealand
www.sartrack.nz
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

And I am happy to discuss this with anybody via my email address.
If the CEO of Embarcadero ever reads this (and he *should* !!) I am happy to discuss this with him as well.
Bart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Didier

Moderators: April Anne