Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Forums unusable

Forums unusable 2 months 5 days ago #14032

Jako wrote: I have it on good authority

Which is who exactly?

Jako wrote: the old forums are definitely gone and not coming back. It was taking up too much time to constantly fix.

That is because they never actually FIXED it properly.

Jako wrote: They are aware people have a big dislike for the community forums

That is a big understatement. They are screwing around with the Community Forums worse than they did with the old Jive forums. They are telling us now that it took more resources to maintain the old Jive forum server than this POS Community forum? Well, maybe, because they actually threw resources at the old server once in awhile. It is clear they have no resources whatsoever for this forum.

Jako wrote: it is all they have available at this point in time.

:*-(

Jako wrote: Not good news I'm afraid. This is going to have a huge impact on collaboration. It seems things are going backwards instead of progressing.

Well, then they may as well disband TeamB while they are at it, since they have now taken away all of the decent forums that the remaining TeamB members actually visit :*-(.

I have it on good authority (*cough* Marco) that Idera likes to outsource to outside developers more than Embarcadero did. So maybe Idera can hire someone to fix the old forums PROPERLY, or at least re-write this POS community software so it actually WORKS correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dimitris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Forums unusable 2 months 5 days ago #14041

If the usenet raw data is still available it should be possible to find someone hosting that on a news server at least. Not sure how much fixing it would take to host some newsgrouips?

Forums unusable 2 months 5 days ago #14045

This really is the way to kill any vibrant community that did exist. Such a shame that the people driving this plainly don't understand what developers want or need. The current offering is almost totally useless as a resource to find answers to the questions that crop up, or contribute. In over 1300 vertical pixels you can almost read 5 posts! and why such a massive avatar ? This is not a serious tool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Forums unusable 2 months 5 days ago #14048

the remember me for the login does not work for me half the time
anyone else have that issue?

Forums unusable 2 months 4 days ago #14051

Jako wrote: Unfortunately I have it on good authority that the old forums are definitely gone and not coming back.

Sadly, confirmed :-(

From Marco Cantu himself:

The information is correct. Decision is from marketing, but also due to technical reason (the engine is old unstable, and noone can really fix it) and the huge amount of spam we kept getting criticized for. We didn't turn it off, but I understand no one wants to put in the effort to get it back

There is a new community forum in the works (the current one, no one likes) and hopefully it will be good. There has even been some discussion to make it support NNTP -- but I sort of doubt.

Forums unusable 2 months 4 days ago #14060

I wonder what they do with all the money. My company has paid at least $10000 for embarcadero products in the past few years. They only add features to the product, but they ignore bug reports (or close the ticket with the reason "cannot reproduce", when they actually can.) The online&offline help is neither up to date nor complete..... Oh and they seem to never fix any of the basic bugs (random IDE crashes, etc etc)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael

Moderators: April Anne