Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Forums unusable

Forums unusable 2 months 2 weeks ago #14864

100 posts related to programming is a lot for me and I don't think I produce that in a year. If I look at the old forums, I have 117 posts and I was registered in 2006 - but that count is not correct either since I happened to have an older account that was merged with my current one - but the connection to all the posts I made with the older seems lost. I had been using the two accounts in parallell without knowing about it. Also, in the early years, no registration was needed. It should be possible to at least extract the number of posts made in the old forums per user and add that to the current counter to let those of us who's been around for 10-15 years without spamming off the hook.

select user,count(user) as post_count from posts group by user;

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Forums unusable 2 months 1 week ago #14867

Yet another feature noticed in this forum. It tries to count "links" and rejects messages if it finds "too many".

I wrote a rather lengthy message containing text + pure code blocks. Not a single link- but denied! I thought it was the number of code blocks so I made it into one block but, still denied.

That link counting feature can't have the slightest idea of how to identify a URL/URI. I think it's just counting // which would be a very clumsy way of identifying links in a forum for programmers.

Forums unusable 2 months 1 week ago #14871

People on Embarcadero list of license and product buyers should be approved immediately. It will be too expencive for a spammer to buy theese products, just to have an opportunity to spam the group. :-)

Forums unusable 2 months 1 week ago #14872

Very good point. Thank you.

Forums unusable 2 months 1 week ago #14876

April Anne wrote: Yes, there is a counter. Only 'first 100 posts' will be moderated

Wow, that is REALLY high for an average user. Most forums stop moderating after just a few posts have been approved. If moderators can't spot spam after that many approvals, they probably shouldn't be moderating.

Forums unusable 2 months 1 week ago #14877

Roger wrote: Does anyone know the reasoning behind the decision to shut these down permanentl?

Because they are working on a new one to replace it:

forums.embarcadero.com/ann.jspa?annID=157

Moderators: April Anne