Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Forums unusable

Forums unusable 4 months 5 days ago #14845

I believe that the only inconvenience is the time of approval of the post, in fact, it is better to have a moderator! (but not a dictator.)

Better safe than sorry!

Make it clear:
- I'm not a spammer;
- I'm not a robot;

(Anne got a gun...hummmm Anne got a gun! - AeroSmith)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Forums unusable 4 months 5 days ago #14851

April Anne wrote: Spam posts are still coming in, but since posts are moderated - they will not get in and will be blocked immediately.

Hopefully there is a mechanism in place so that LEGITIMATE users are no longer moderated after their posts have started being approved? I've noticed that my posts are no longer moderated, but I don't know if that is because of my reputation and good standing in posting non-spam, or because I had to ask not to be moderated anymore. A *decent* forum should have some kind of counter in place for moderating new users until they are deemed OK to continue posting unmoderated.

Forums unusable 4 months 5 days ago #14855

Remy wrote:

April Anne wrote: Spam posts are still coming in, but since posts are moderated - they will not get in and will be blocked immediately.

Hopefully there is a mechanism in place so that LEGITIMATE users are no longer moderated after their posts have started being approved? I've noticed that my posts are no longer moderated, but I don't know if that is because of my reputation and good standing in posting non-spam, or because I had to ask not to be moderated anymore. A *decent* forum should have some kind of counter in place for moderating new users until they are deemed OK to continue posting unmoderated.

Yes, there is a counter. Only 'first 100 posts' will be moderated - this will be enough proof that the user is a legitimate user and really participates in the forum. That's why when you reached your 100th post, you are no longer moderated.

Spammers are getting wiser nowadays, they post answers that will look "relevant" on the topic/thread, and seem knowledgeable but all they really wanted to do is to drop a link at the bottom. We can't really put our guard down - better be safe than sorry.

So keep participating guys and be patient :)

Forums unusable 4 months 5 days ago #14856

I think, this forum is inconvenient. Lack of categories defined by programming languages. On my opinion, this forum should be redesigned as an example taken from talk.remobjects.com. It would be much easier to use, or navigate through the topics, create new ones an so on. And I believe, we are not robots here. So what is point to verify captcha?.
Thanks.

Forums unusable 4 months 5 days ago #14859

April Anne wrote: Yes, there is a counter. Only 'first 100 posts' will be moderated - this will be enough proof that the user is a legitimate user...

I have registered Embarcadero Products and an Active sunscription that I pay a few dollars for annually, that should be more than enough to be considered "legitimate"!

Forums unusable 4 months 5 days ago #14863

There is a large volume of support for the old forum.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind the decision to shut these down permanentl?

Perhaps, April Anne you could ask this on behalf of all the supporters. Perhaps it's a decision that Embarcadero should revisit?

Regards, Roger

Moderators: April Anne