Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Forums unusable

Forums unusable 2 months 2 weeks ago #13920

Borlands forums used to be a great place for getting help and information on specific topics.

Now, the forum technology is back to a stone age level and more or less completely useless.

Whats going on???

-tk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael, Michael, Mary, Ted, Ray, Dimitris, Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Forums unusable 2 months 1 week ago #13943

This community forum is horrible. Whoever set this up clearly doesn't understand web technology, or good web forum design.

The old forums @ forums.embarcadero.com are much nicer, but unfortunately that server has been offline for over a week now. All the good experts hang out over there, but the server is fairly unstable, it goes offline a few times a year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael, Keith, Dimitris

Forums unusable 2 months 4 days ago #14000

Seems like it's been down for quite a while now. I'm beginning to wonder if they have decided not to put the old forum site back online (which would be a shame).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael, Dimitris

Forums unusable 2 months 4 days ago #14007

I agree 100% with the others. Also, finding old topics that you know had some information you want seems impossible. I couldn't even find a single one of those I've written.

Please bring back the forums matching the usenet groups (and while you're at it, why not bring the usenet groups back online too?).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael

Forums unusable 2 months 3 days ago #14014

Agreed, this is useless. If the old site is really gone, we're very disappointed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian, Dimitris, Andrew

Forums unusable 2 months 2 days ago #14026

Unfortunately I have it on good authority that the old forums are definitely gone and not coming back. It was taking up too much time to constantly fix. They are aware people have a big dislike for the community forums but it is all they have available at this point in time.

Not good news I'm afraid. This is going to have a huge impact on collaboration. It seems things are going backwards instead of progressing. :-(

Moderators: April Anne