• Page:

TOPIC: Interactive gesture events don't trigger correctly

Interactive gesture events don't trigger correctly 2 months 2 weeks ago #14662

Hello,

I have been searching the internet for an answer and debugging my application for a couple of days now and nothing seems to do the trick here, perhaps no-one else has had this issue yet.

I have made a basic C++ Windows desktop VCL forms application with one TGestureManager and one TPaintBox in it, and assigned the gesture manager to the paint box. I have also selected the supposedly correct options in the paint box properties (see the attached screenshot of my RAD studio). The problem is as follows.

The standard gestures (only sgiLeft enabled currently) seem to work just fine triggering PaintBox1Gesture function correctly. But with interactive gestures (igiZoom and igiPan) the function only triggers when the application is at first out of focus. So you have to click e.g. the Windows desktop first to be able to trigger interactive gestures. After the interactive gesture is done, you can't do another one unless you defocus the application window again.

Any ideas why is this happening? I have been testing this with two computers (with the same results) both running Windows 10 64-bit. The end product will also be running on multi-touch screen enabled Windows 10 64-bit, so no need for platform independency in case a solution is found.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Lassi. Reason: Added details about used platform

Interactive gesture events don't trigger correctly 2 months 2 weeks ago #14682

Here you can also find the whole small test project as a zip file attachment.
Attachments:

Interactive gesture events don't trigger correctly 2 months 1 week ago #14860

If I can't get an answer here, could you suggest any other site to ask for advice with Embarcadero technologies related issues? Or I'll just ask for an answer in Stack Overflow.

• Page:
Moderators: April Anne