• Page:

TOPIC: Strange behaviour on TImage.Canvas between Delphi 2010 and Delphi 10.2

Strange behaviour on TImage.Canvas between Delphi 2010 and Delphi 10.2 1 week 3 days ago #14021

Hello.

I am migrating an application from Delphi 2010 to Delphi 10.2.

Due to some strange behaviour the TexMetrics for the same string with the same font (font name, type and size) are different.

This application is like a label designer and the text graphical objects (displayed with TextOut) are very different.

For me and my customer this is a disaster. How can avoid this?????

It is very important.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strange behaviour on TImage.Canvas between Delphi 2010 and Delphi 10.2 1 week 2 days ago #14034

Josep wrote: Due to some strange behaviour the TexMetrics for the same string with the same font (font name, type and size) are different.

What kind of behavior exactly? Please be more specific.

Josep wrote: This application is like a label designer and the text graphical objects (displayed with TextOut) are very different.

Is your app High-DPI aware? 10.1 Berlin and 10.2 Tokyo made DPI-related changes that did not exist in earlier versions.

Strange behaviour on TImage.Canvas between Delphi 2010 and Delphi 10.2 1 week 1 day ago #14057

Hello Remy:

>> What kind of behavior exactly? Please be more specific.

Yes ACanvas.TextWidth('This is a sample string') does not returns the same value on Delphi 2010 and Delphi 10.2 (using the same font, font type, and font size).

>> Is your app High-DPI aware?

I am not sure what this means. Theorically I am developing an application that generate labels that are painted at 180 DPI on a Inkjet Printer.

>> 10.1 Berlin and 10.2 Tokyo made DPI-related changes that did not exist in earlier versions.

Is there any way to control this?????

Thanks for your answer

• Page:
Moderators: April Anne