• Page:

TOPIC: What's happening with DPI

What's happening with DPI 4 months 1 week ago #12908

Yep I took your advice and contacted support.

Hopefully I'll get some answers that can clarify what's going on.

Cheers, A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's happening with DPI 4 months 1 week ago #12934

I hope so, since DPI is a significant new challenge involved in UI design. I hope Emba is focusing on this!

Last Edit: by Anthony.

What's happening with DPI 4 months 1 week ago #12940

Yep I took your advice and contacted support.

Hopefully I'll get some answers that can clarify what's going on.

Cheers, A.

Hopefully you'll get better support than I did. All they did after a few days was confirm that it was a "known issue"... no workaround, hotfix, or patch... just that it will be "fixed in a future update" with no time frame given. Now I have to figure out the best way of releasing a partly "defective" product that will be "fixed in a future update". Very disappointed.

What's happening with DPI 1 month 4 weeks ago #13649

This biggest problem I have with high DPI support is that the font rendering doesn't appear to high res. Isn't that THE basic part of high DPI support? Even the latest 10.2.3 IDE has horribly fuzzy font rendering as compared to almost every other app on my 4K, Win10 200%-scaled display. What is the deal with the poor font rendering on high DPI systems?

What's happening with DPI 1 month 3 weeks ago #13668

Yes, this is definitely something that needs to be addressed. In Windows 10 if you use the Scaling feature in the Display setting, the fonts in the IDE are fuzzy as you say. So Windows 10 now allows you to turn off the Scaling for a particular program. When I do that for Rad Studio, it crashes and won't start. So I am left with either no Scaling and small fonts in the IDE or larger but fuzzy fonts with Scaling > 100%. And I don't even have a 4K monitor, just a QHD, and I still don't like it.

What's happening with DPI 1 month 3 weeks ago #13672

It took them forever to get high DPI right in the VCL (assuming they finally got it right in the current version)... who knows how long until the IDE supports high DPI.

I would recommend you just run without scaling. You may need to buy different monitors. I use Dell 30" 2560x1600 monitors.

• Page:
Moderators: April Anne