• Page:

TOPIC: Custom manifest in UWP apps for Microsoft Store

Custom manifest in UWP apps for Microsoft Store 5 months 1 week ago #13775

I pack my Windows application in appx file using Deployment Manager. When I try to upload it to Microsoft Store, it fails with the following message:

"You don't have permissions to specify the following namespaces in the appx manifest file of the package MyApp.appx: restricted namespace: schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foun...strictedcapabilities "

I try to edit the automatically generated file AppxManifest.xml (removing the "Capabilities" section from it, or completely replacing its contents with a standard pattern from RAD Studio help), change the manifest file name and specify the manifest setting as "Custom". Still, the result is the same: Microsoft Store doesn't like the line about "restricted capabilities", though now this line isn't supposed to be there at all.

It really looks like an appx file always contains a standard, automatically generated manifest, even when I try to specify it in my own way.

Any advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Custom manifest in UWP apps for Microsoft Store 5 months 1 week ago #13778

Hello,
it's Microsoft procedure issue. I make my Delphi application to be available on Microsoft Store for 3 weeks.
If you generate appx from Embarcadero products its working fine. First at all (after you have create developer account, pay money and create application record in developer center) you need to submit on that page developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pr...aigns/desktop-bridge
to get permissions from Microsoft (you need some data from developer center and application) - its not automated, it will be done by people. After that You will be asked to download yours application in some other special place (Microsoft help upload). People from Microsoft will check it. After you get all issue verified and , you will be able to download to Microsoft Store ;-(

its time consuming operation but not problematic.

best regards
Marcin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vadim

Custom manifest in UWP apps for Microsoft Store 5 months 1 week ago #13779

Hello,
its microsoft issue. You need to register yours application here :
developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pr...aigns/desktop-bridge

1. Create developer account - developer.microsoft.com/en-us/store/register
2. Make application record (all till "packages"
3. Register application (submision for permision) on page : developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pr...aigns/desktop-bridge
4. Wait for contact from Microsoft support.
5. After getting from Microsoft Support permisions (they check app manualy) send packages in package section from step 2
6. publish application

It's take me about 3 weeks to publish my first app on Microsoft Store ( www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/vinecalc/9nt678l3qn8f?rtc=1 )

best regards
Marcin

Custom manifest in UWP apps for Microsoft Store 5 months 1 week ago #13780

Hello,
its microsoft issue. You need to register yours application here :
developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pr...aigns/desktop-bridge

1. Create developer account - developer.microsoft.com/en-us/store/register
2. Make application record (all till "packages"
3. Register application (submision for permision) on page : developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pr...aigns/desktop-bridge
4. Wait for contact from Microsoft support.
5. After getting from Microsoft Support permisions (they check app manualy) send packages in package section from step 2
6. publish application

It's take me about 3 weeks to publish my first app on Microsoft Store ( www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/vinecalc/9nt678l3qn8f?rtc=1 )

best regards
Marcin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vadim

Custom manifest in UWP apps for Microsoft Store 4 months 1 day ago #14123

Thank you, Marcin! Now I know how to submit my app to Microsoft Store. But the bad news is that it can't pass their test.I tried it 3 times and received 3 failure reports.

The problem is that my app needs to keep some files in a default data folder like <user>\AppData\Roaming\MyApp, so that the users can easily access them. Deployment Manager in RAD Studio has "Remote path" parameter, but I couldn't find out how to use it to specify <user>\AppData. There are constants like res, assets, classes, library - but they all seem to relate to mobile platforms, not Windows.

So I used a workaround: during its first run, my app creates a new folder and copies there some files from the installation folder. It works fine on my computer, but fails when they test it in Microsoft Store. They don't explain why, just send me screenshots with messages like "Access denied" or "The app tries to create a file under WindowsApps folder". I suspect my app lacks certain rights or priorities which are supposed to be specified in the manifest file.

Any idea how to deal with it?

Custom manifest in UWP apps for Microsoft Store 3 months 4 weeks ago #14136

Vadim wrote: So I used a workaround: during its first run, my app creates a new folder and copies there some files from the installation folder. It works fine on my computer, but fails when they test it in Microsoft Store. They don't explain why, just send me screenshots with messages like "Access denied" or "The app tries to create a file under WindowsApps folder". I suspect my app lacks certain rights or priorities which are supposed to be specified in the manifest file.

More likely, you are simply trying to copy your files to the wrong destination folder. Please show the actual code you are using to copy the files at startup.

• Page:
Moderators: April Anne