• Page:

TOPIC: I'm about to install RAD Studio 10.2.3 and wants advice prior to install

I'm about to install RAD Studio 10.2.3 and wants advice prior to install 3 months 4 days ago #13789

Hello.

I have seen Remy advice a user to check Android platform support during install.
Also I have seen that Live Bindings can cause serious delay during startup of projects.
Are there a way to exclude Live Bindings by selection during install?
Also, are there things to be aware of that can cause problems when I perform the install?

Thanks in advance.
:)
Kai Inge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm about to install RAD Studio 10.2.3 and wants advice prior to install 3 months 4 days ago #13804

Hi Kai,

I keep the android SDK installation as a separate process (handled by the Android download suite) to the installation of different Embarcadero versions.
a) This saves time: no repeated downloads of the same Android SDK
b) The android SDK can then sit in a directory that makes more logical sense (to me) than the default
directory that the Embarcadero install tries to install it.

I don't think you can disable live bindings. I wouldn't want to do this, for some tasks they are a valuable feature. But if you are worried about project open taking a long time and you think live bindings are the cause, you don't have to use them. I've not seen this issue, allthough I only use them sparingly, for me they suffer the disadvantage that you can't easily see what they are doing and are inherently hard to support for software with expected long life time (Have you ever tried programming using NI LabView - it can do anything, but you can't tell how you did it when you come back to it in a couple of years time!).

Go for it. 10.2.3 !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: April Anne