• Page:

TOPIC: XE8 - install General update or subscription update?

XE8 - install General update or subscription update? 7 months 1 week ago #13513

I installed XE8 when I had an active subscription. Since that I had to let the subscription expire, and it looks like 1 update came out since. There is a general update and a subscription update, and it says Delphi will have to be reinstalled if we use the wrong update. It's not clear which update is correct for me, since my subscription expired after initial install of XE8. Can someone clear it up for me?

Much obliged!
Janice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XE8 - install General update or subscription update? 7 months 1 week ago #13528

I think that the GENERAL update is the one for you. The SUBSCRIPTION update is only available to users with a CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION.
I do not work for Embarcadero the above is my understanding of the situation.

Hope this helps.

XE8 - install General update or subscription update? 7 months 1 week ago #13535

As I understand it, the 'Subscription' update is only available to those with a CURRENT subscription. The 'General' update is available to all.
As you say you do not have a CURRENT subscription only the GENERAL update is available to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janice

XE8 - install General update or subscription update? 7 months 6 days ago #13538

What I ended up doing is trying the General Update first, but it didn't appear to "take", i.e. nothing was reported installed. So I reinstalled Delphi XE8, then installed the General Update and that appeared to work, at least so far.

• Page:
Moderators: April Anne