General Manager Update for September 2018

As we start September, I want to provide some important updates around products and product…

Announcing the New Embarcadero Developer Community

Community is a huge part of what makes our products so useful. Many of us…

What's New and Updated in GetIt for November 2018

The GetIt Package Manager is your source for RAD Studio, Delphi, and C++Builder add-ins and…

RAD Studio August 2018 Roadmap

With this article the RAD Studio PM team is introducing an updated roadmap for Delphi,…

Featured Articles

C++ IDE code editor structure windows is blank on Windows 10 machine - workaround

Posted by on in Tools

Several developers reporting an issue where the C++Builder IDE code editor structure window was blank after they upgraded their Windows machine to Windows 10. The issue is reproducible on these scenarios:

• The user has a machine with a Windows version lower than Windows 10 (Windows 8.1, 8, 7,...)
  • The user has RAD Studio installed (all versions are affected)
  • The user upgrades to Windows 10

In our R&D testing, we have reproduced the issue on 2 machines after upgrading to Windows 10

• Windows 7-32 bit with XE8 Update 1 installed
  • Windows 8.1-64 bit with XE9 23.0.20488.2497.1 installed

Once the upgrade to Windows 10 has finished, the structure pane for C++ applications is blank.

Microsoft has noted the issue with J# 2.0 on Windows 10. The workaround is:

1. Uninstall the Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable Package
  2. As the uninstaller is broken, you must enter into the registry and delete all the entries with 'J#'
  3. Reboot the machine
  4. Install the Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable Package:
    • 32bit: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=4712
    • 64bit: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=15468
  5. Reboot the machine

About
Gold User, Rank: 1, Points: 2466
David Intersimone (known to many as David I.) is a passionate and innovative software industry veteran-often referred to as a developer icon-who extols and educates the world on Embarcadero developer tools. He shares his visions as an active member of the industry speaking circuit and is tapped as an expert source by the media. He is a long-standing champion of architects, developers and database professionals and works to ensure that their needs are folded into Embarcadero's strategic product plans. David holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo, California.

Comments

• Isaac C59878
    Isaac C59878 Friday, 23 February 2018

Didn't work for me. Installed RAD Studio 10.2.2 Tokyo on Windows 7 PC and have blank Structure window. Uninstalled J# 2.0, removed registry entries, restarted, installed J# 2.0 redistributable, restart. Still blank.

• Vassiliki T56114
    Vassiliki T56114 Monday, 8 January 2018

Thank you! The article was very useful to me.

• GeoffGrime
    GeoffGrime Wednesday, 16 September 2015

VERY useful. Many thanks for this obscure bit of workround which got me out of a (blank) hole in XE4.

• gad L7786
    gad L7786 Saturday, 15 August 2015

Can you please consider recording the J# bits into Delphi. We all know this is legacy from previous times where .NET was considered a viable option but nowadays (luckily) Emba is focused on pure native development and the dependency on J# is not very acceptable any more.

I can live with the .NET 3.5 dependency for the msbuild tool but J# is not something I can easily understand.

• Please login first in order for you to submit comments
  • Page :

Featured Blogs

Get the Competitive Edge with FireUI
The Market Today To stay relevant, be successful and reach users, mobile app developers need to develop multi-device apps. Looking at the latest mobile OS market share stats, iOS and Android is split down the middle in the US, with iOS being prevalent in Japan and Android in Germany (stats from statcounter.com).   US: iOS ~53% Android ~47%   Germany: iOS ~27% Android ~72% &nbs...
Deep Delphi Discussions
Deep Delphi Discussions
Everyone knows Delphi is the best Rapid Application Development tool. Delphi, C++Builder, and RAD Studio set the standard that everyone else is still trying to follow. Nothing will get you to market quicker with a great native experience for your users. Delphi is also a top choice for large, long lived, and complex applications. Many of these are line of business applications that automate th...
Targeting iOS 12 with RAD Studio
Earlier this week, Apple released the new version of iOS, iOS 12. We’ve been testing iOS 12 with 10.2 Tokyo Release 3 and the 10.3 Carnival Beta.  What we support with RAD Studio 10.2.3 today: Building applications that can run on iOS 12 devices using the iOS 11 SDK and Xcode 9.x The new SDK and Xcode version are not supported at this time.   What we plan to support for the ...
Learn to Program with Community Edition
Get started programming with our Community Editions!  Community Edition is our full-featured and free IDE to build applications for iOS, Android, Windows and macOS from a single codebase using the robust and easy-to-learn Delphi language. It's the perfect way to get started learning a new programming language or explore multi-device app development. Embarcadero's Community Edition is availab...

Latest Blogs

C++Builder 10.3 About Screen
C++ Compilers that ship with C++Builder 10.3 Rio
Embarcadero has RTM'd RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder 10.3 Rio (version 20.0) today. You can read the press release here. Included in the release are several C++ compilers. Here are the command line version details for each compiler.   C++Builder 10.3 Rio (20.0) C++ Compilers BCC32 - the classic 32-bit windows compiler BCC32C -  Clang-enhanced compiler with a command line flag...
C++ language update - ISO C++ meeting, Bjarne videos, and more
Here are a few recent updates regarding the ISO C++ Language and CPPCon 2019 videos with Bjarne Stroustrup.    Herb Sutter's Trip report: Fall ISO C++ standards meeting (San Diego) "On Saturday November 10, the ISO C++ committee completed its fall meeting in San Diego, California, USA, hosted with thanks by Qualcomm. This was the biggest ISO C++ meeting in our 29-year history, with so...
Learning GitHub Basics
As I have already written (two weeks ago), there are many reasons to participate in Open Source ecosystem. Now it's time to start doing it and time for some simple exercises with the Open Source project. However, before you submit your first commit to a well known project, you have to practice on your own repository in advance. My demonstration are based on the GitHub system, but it...
Android Z-Order and the Native Controls - Coming soon to a RAD Studio 10.3 Rio Near you!
Android Z-Order, Native Controls, and 10.3 Rio