Jim McKeeth - Podcast at Delphi

I am a person who wears Google Glass

Posted by on in Blogs
Make Your Apps Scalable and Web-Enabled This blog post accompanies the webinar Make Your Apps Scalable and Web-Enabled - Leverage your Business Logic with a Fast Flexible Multi-Tier Architecture - Using RAD Server and REST Services. Create high performance, scalable applications by adopting a multi-tier architecture. By separating the UI/presentation layer, the server and the data layer, your apps will scale more easily with changing business needs and accommodate larger numbers of users. Multi-tier architecture also allows...

Posted by on in Blogs
API Limits with #FDEC The FireDAC Enterprise Connectors (#FDEC) by CData and Embarcadero make it really easy to work with various APIs just like you would any SQL database. For example if you want to publish the results of a query to a Google Sheet (which I find incredibly useful) then it is just a few FireDAC components and you are off to the races. You might run into an API limit though. What is an API limit? Most rest services have a limit to how often a client can call a specific API within a certain amount of t...

Posted by on in Blogs
Celebrating Five Amazing Years with Embarcadero This month I am celebrating my five-year anniversary with Embarcadero Technologies. It’s been an amazing adventure and I am looking forward to more. I saw a graphic similar to the following today and it reminded me how great it is to be doing what I am doing (plus I love Venn diagrams). I truly do love what I am doing, and I love the people I work with. Everyone I work with inside Embarcadero is amazing, plus I get to work closely with the MVPs, Tech Partners, and all the amazing members ...

Posted by on in Blogs
Use the Source! One of the great things about Delphi is not only is it written in Delphi (mostly), but it ships with the VCL, RTL, & FMX source code. You can use this source code in lots of different ways, which I’ll cover in a bit, but sometimes it is a matter of finding the source file with the code you want. There are over 2,234 Delphi source files in the source folder, so it can take a while to find the right file if you don’t know where to look. Not to mention the 1,711 C files, and a few t...
Connect to All the Data with FireDAC Enterprise Connectors Move, integrate, and analyze data with ease utilizing FireDAC Enterprise Connectors, powered by CData. These components allow you to integrate 80+ Enterprise applications, simplifying connectivity into a standard model using SQL. Everything from Salesforce & eBay to Google Sheets & Twilio. In this webinar learn how to leverage your SQL skills and the powerful FireDAC framework to access all the data with Enterprise Connectors Scroll down for more resources [YouTube Replay] [YoutubeB...

Posted by on in Blogs
SHA Hash with C++Builder and Delphi I've always been fascinated by encryption & compression, but my favorite is probably the cryptographic hash function. A hash function is a one-way algorithm that takes an input of any size and always produces the same size output. It is one-way in that there is information loss -- you can't easily go from the output to the input again. The cryptographic hash is a more secure version of the hash function. It is most often used in signing to validate that data hasn't been modified.  ...

Posted by on in Blogs
3D Credits Scroll with Delphi A little fun with Delphi for today’s Star Wars day! This is a pretty simple 3D form with a 3D layout at an angle, and then a 2D layout with text and images is animated up the 3D layout. The only code is populating the labels as the animation kicks off automatically. Download the code and run the full credit scroll, or change the message to share with your friends. It is FireMonkey, and while I only tested it on Windows, it should work on Android, iOS, macOS, and even Linux if you are runn...
Webinar Replay: Embeddable Databases for Mobile Apps: Stress-Free Solutions with InterBase When it comes to developing mobile applications, keeping data on your device is a must-have feature, but can still be risky. With embedded InterBase, you can deploy high-performance multi-device applications that maintain 256-bit encryption, have a small footprint and need little, if any, administration. What can participants expect to learn: Using InterBase in your mobile apps is easier than you may expect. Learn to develop mobile applications using InterBase, and how to take advantage of&...

Posted by on in Blogs
LIVE! from the Embarcadero Austin Office We are LIVE! from the Embarcadero Austin Office today at 1:30 PM CDT   Original link...
LIVE! with TMS Software’s Bruno Fierens & Holger Flick A live conversation with TMS Software’s Bruno Fierens & Holger Flick about some of the latest technology to come out of TMS Software. Original link...

Check out more tips and tricks in this development video: