New Health and Fitness devices launched at CES 2015 in Las Vegas...
Last year we showed developers how to build apps that connect to heart rate monitors, wireless weight scales and other fitness devices using our RAD Studio and Appmethod products. These health devices provide interfaces via BluetoothLE and/or wireless networks. Sarina Dupont, Brian Alexakis and Diego Navarro have written and demoed how to use our products with the many new devices in the health and fitness space. With the increase in the number of products being announced and shipped, you have an advantage if you are using our latest releases.
- Appmethod and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- BluetoothLE support in XE7 and Appmethod by Sarina Dupont
- Building a Medical Terms App Healthcare App by Sarina Dupont
- Wahoo Balance Smart Body Scale by Brian Alexakis
- Exploring IoT Gadgets for Developing Connected Experiences by Sarina Dupont
- BluetoothLE programming with VCL and FMX (CodeRage 9 Object Pascal) video
- BluetoothLE programming with VCL and FMX (CodeRage 9 C++) video
- Developing Connected Apps for the Internet of Things just got easier
- Programming Devices and Gadgets
At this week's CES 2015 show in Las Vegas, there are new health and fitness devices being announced and demoed, some will ship this year, some are IndieGogo projects (I'll keep track of their progress). Here are just a few that I've read about.
- VivaLnk eSkin Thermometer - measure and monitor body temperature. Kid friendly too :)
- Healbe GoBe - Activity tracking, 24x7 heart rate and automatically measures calorie intake (through your skin)
- Zensorium Being - continouosly tracks your heart rate, activity and mood
- Tao Wellness Isometric System and Tao Chair
- Wellograph Wellness Watch - read your pulse live (at up to 1000 sampling rate per second)
- Lenovo VibeBand VB10 - fitness functions, notifications and alerts
- Garmin - 3 new activity trackers - compass, barometer, altimiter and more depending on the model
- Hexoskin Junior - biometric shirts for kids and teenagers
- AmpStrip - IndieGogo project - 24x7 heart rate wearable
- Breathometer Mint - IndiGogo project - mitor your breath quality and hydration level
- QardioBase and QardioMD - weight, body mass, body fat, muscle, water and bone composition
- Witthings Activite Pop - walking, running, sleeping, swimming.
- Connected Cycle Smart Pedal - tracks routes, miles and has anti-theft feature
That's just a few of the health and medical devices. Last year, home automation was a top theme, there is even more this year at CES 2015. I'll post a blog with some of the cool new home devices that are being announced this week.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments