MVP Spotlight: Cary Jensen
There are a handful of people who I believe are key to the developer community, and Cary Jensen is one of them. He’s been a rock in the community since the beginning. Even before Delphi he was instrumental with the Turbo Pascal community.
Cary consults, writes, presents, and trains on Delphi, databases and other related technologies. Cary’s authored over 20 books, with his latest being Delphi in Depth: ClientDataSets, 2nd Edition. He’s also presented multiple RAD-in-Action webinars online. You can catch the replays and check out the accompanying white papers.
- RAD in Action: Mobilizing your Business with Enterprise Mobility Services Middleware
- No App is An Island: Universal Enterprise Data Connectivity for the Multi-Device World
- Visualizing Live Data with LiveBindings
- Unicode Migration Resources for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio
I met Cary the first time in Darmstadt, Germany at the Entwickler Konferenz, aka EKON. I think it was lucky #13. I thought it was rather ironic that we were both from the US, but finally met in Germany. Since then I’ve met with him a few more times in Germany, and he invited me as a guest presenter at his Delphi Developer Days.
If you’ve not been to one of his Delphi Developer Days then you really should do what you can to attend this year. Each year he teams up with a co-host, and this year it is none other than Nick Hodges. They just opened registration for the 2 day event, so act fast to take advantage of the very early bird discount.
- Chicago, Illinois – November 14-15, 2016
- Baltimore, Maryland – December 5-6, 2016
- Copenhagen, Denmark – November 24-25, 2016
- Frankfurt, Germany – November 28-29, 2016
And if none of those date work, then you can catch Cary back in Darmstadt for EKON 20 on November 7th.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments