Getting Ready for the IoT Boot Camp
The IoT Boot Camp is powered by RAD Studio (Delphi or C++Builder) + RAD Server + Visuino. If you aren't currently on RAD Studio Berlin, then upgrade now, or download the 30-day free trial. You will also want CommunicationLab, InstrumentLab and PlotLab from Mitov Software. Get version 18.104.22.168 or later.
This boot camp is going to be a fantastic opportunity to learn about IoT. Be sure to register and join us on Monday. We will make replays available as soon as possible, but the live sessions include Q&A.
- RAD Studio Berlin - Many of the features we use will come from Enterprise, but some will work with Professional or Starter. You can download the 30-day free Enterprise trial or at least the starter edition if you don't have anything at all. We will be doing most of the examples in Delphi, but everything should work in C++Builder too.
- Visuino - Is the visual programming environment allowing you to program your Arduino boards. You use the Visual code designers to create the programs that run on Arduino, NodeMCU or any number of other boards. Visuino has a liberal trial period, or it is $9.99 to register (you should seriously register it).
- Arduino IDE for Windows - This is used to compile and deploy the code generated by Visuino. Be sure you get the Windows version of the IDE. It is a free download.
- Mitov Software Libraries - These are free for non-commercial use, or you have the option to buy them with or without source code. Get at least version 22.214.171.124.
- CommunicationLab - Provides basic communication components for use in communicating with the Arduino, NodeMCU and other boards (required)
- InstrumentLab - Used for instrumentation displays (optional)
- PlotLab - Provides plotting, charting and visualization (optional)
- Hardware - We worked with MakerFabs to put together a great kit with all the parts we are planning on using. You can get that kit, or use it as a blueprint to build from. If you don't have all that hardware you can work with what you have. We also have a document you can or print that shows the names of each part in the kit with pictures.
We will see you at the boot camp!
RAD Server is a turn-key application foundation for rapidly building and deploying services based applications. RAD Server provides automated Delphi and C++ REST/JSON API publishing and management, Enterprise database integration middleware, IoT Edgeware and an array of application services such as User Directory and Authentication services, Push Notifications, Indoor/Outdoor Geolocation and JSON data storage. RAD Server enables developers to quickly build new application back-ends or migrate existing Delphi or C++ client/server business logic to a modern services based architecture that is open, stateless, secure and scalable. RAD Server is easy to develop, deploy and operate making it ideally suited for ISVs and OEMs building re-deployable solutions.
Visuino is the latest innovative software from Mitov Software. A visual programming environment allowing you to program your Arduino boards. It currently supports the official Arduino boards, ESP8266, Controllino, Goldilocks Analogue, and number of Arduino clones.
It brings rapid application prototyping and developing to the Arduino platform. Combining it with some libraries from Mitov software and Delphi or C++Builder with RAD Server creates a complete IoT solution with connectivity to multiple platforms, devices, data storage and web services.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments
- Page :
Very interesting IoT boot camp thus far. It's a good showing of the power of using Visuino and Delphi for rapidly putting together a simple solution. It would be nice to see more with regards to what is happening behind the scenes with the code though. Thanks.