Feb 14, 2013 - Delphi's 18th birthday celebration - ongoing innovations and new multi-device support
- Multi-unit namespaces
- for ... in ... do loops
- inline functions
- Nested types
- Heterogeneous database access, multi-tier database applications
- Refactoring, Source code History view
- Unit testing
- Code block completion/Surround, Editor Change Bars
- Live Code Templates
- UML Modeling, Audits, Metrics, Doc Gen
- Design Patterns
- MSBuild, Build Configurations
- VCL - AJAX, Vista compatibility
- Vista and XP Themes for applications
- dbExpress - new framework, delegate drivers, Unicode database support
- Unicode throughout the language, library and IDE
- Generics and Anonymous Methods
- Resource Editor, Class Explorer
- DataSnap multi-tier
- VCL – new components, Custom Hints, Ribbon Controls
- Localization – Integrated Translation Environment, External Translation Manager
- Windows 7, Multi-Touch and Gesture support, Direct-2D
- IDE Insight, Source Code Formatter, Search task bar
- Enhanced RTTI
- Background compilation
- Breakpoints in threads, freeze/thaw threads
- DataSnap – HTTP protocol support
- Subversion integration
- Regular Expression library
- AQtime, CodeSite, Beyond Compare, Final Builder
- Cloud Services and Cloud Deployment
- FireMonkey Win32/Win64/Mac Business Application Platform (HD and 3D)
- Windows 64-bit and Mac development
- VCL Styles
- RTL support for Windows and Mac
- LiveBindings for VCL and FireMonkey
- DataSnap Monitoring and Control
- DataSnap Connectors
- dbExpress drivers for Mac, Windows 64-bit and new dbExpress ODBC driver
- Cloud API support for Amazon
- Deployment Manager and Platform assistant
- Metropolis UI Applications for Delphi VCL and FireMonkey
- FireMonkey Enhancements for XE3 including support for DirectX 10
- FireMonkey support for Gestures, Anchors, Actions and Multimedia
- VCL and FireMonkey sensor/device framework
- VCL style support for Ribbon Controls
- InterBase ToGo (embeddable SQL database) support for Windows and Mac
- SQLite database support
- Visual LiveBindings Designer and LiveBindings Enhancements
- Entitlement List and Provisioning page for Sandboxing Mac OS X Applications
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and Retina Display support
All of the Delphi innovations, multiple platforms, FireMonkey, database support and multi-tier architectures have moved us forward into the next major advancement for Delphi: multi-device application development across Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
If you want to see what's coming soon for Delphi, join the product team at the Delphi Mobile Preview Webinar next Thursday (7 days after Valentine's day), February 21, 2013. The mobile preview webinar will take place three times to cover the planet Earth:
Delphi and RAD Studio Mobile Preview Webinar
Thursday, February 21, 2013
6:00AM PST / 9:00AM EST / 14:00 UTC
11:00AM PST / 2:00PM EST / 19:00 UTC
5:00PM PST / 8:00PM EST /
12:00PM 22-Feb Australia EDT
The new Delphi and RAD Studio development solution for iOS is coming soon. Now is a great time to get started on the path toward multi-device application development across Windows, Mac, iOS and then Android. Join us for this informative webinar to learn why mobile development is becoming increasingly important and the Delphi solution for mobile development.
- Mobile opportunities for Delphi and RAD Studio developers
- Developing iOS apps with Delphi from IDE to simulator to device
- Delphi mobile UI and style tips
- Data connectivity options with InterBase and SQLite for your mobile apps
Register and join the fun next Thursday athttp://forms.embarcadero.com/forms/AMUSCA1302RADMobilePreviewWebinar2-21
Thursday, 14 February 2013
Land Shark - It's always going to be something and you are right, there is always more we need to do. Having the Windows 8 style UI gives you more modern look for your VCL and FireMonkey UIs including grids and menu tool bars instead of ribbon controls. But I know it is not a substitute for more Ribbon support.
Friday, 15 February 2013
I used Delphi since version 1, purchased numerous updates, and generally speaking, was very happy with it. However, my celebration of 18th anniversary of Delphi was spoiled, because present situation with FireMonkey and Apple’s platform made me really angry and frustrated.
It seems to me that so far the history of FireMonkey’s OSX and iOS capabilities in Delphi and RAD Studio is just a long chain of broken promises. We all know that it was decided to drop iOS in XE3 version of Delphi and RAD Studio. Still, XE2 version was available, and a lot of people (including myself) spent time and money to buy it, and to use it.
I do not want to discuss the amount of bugs in XE2 version, lack of bug fixes, memory leaks that become visible only after deployment to MAC, lack of multimedia support, lack of gesture and touch functionality etc – that is all regrettable, but I knew what I was buying.
However, as I figured out recently, the OSX and iOS platforms development in XE2 version works only with XCode 4.2.1 and lower, OSX version 10.7 and lower, and iOS SDK 4.3 and earlier. Delphi XE2 (as well as RAD Studio XE2) cannot be used for OSX and iOS development after the upgrade of any of abovementioned versions. Embarcadero does not support development on later versions, and refuses to supply software updates (particularly, FireMonkey-iOS-XE2.pkg), required for the development and deployment on Apple's platforms.
In other words, if I want to use XE2 version for MAC, iPAD or iPhone development, I cannot update anything on Apple's side, and have to stick with OSX 10.7, XCode 4.2.1 and iOS 4.3 forever. Moreover, since I purchased the Apple with later OSX version, I lost the ability to develop on Apple's platforms using XE2. It happened in less than six month after I purchased the XE2 upgrade! It is by all means a dead end, and the money that I spent for XE2 upgrade is a total loss.
Now, it seems that the only option is to spend even more money, upgrade to XE3 and wait for another promise of iOS support. But, for how long do you think this situation would be tolerated? And why do you think that businesses and developers should trust you with XE3 version again and will make serious plans regarding using it in the future for development on Apple’s platform?
Thursday, 7 March 2013
[...] Dieciocho años: juntos, hemos compartido nuevas versiones y cambios de rumbo, hemos compartido errores y aciertos, incertidumbres y certezas ante unos escenarios dinámicos y efímeros. David Intersimone, nos descubre lo que han sido estos últimos años: Feb 14, 2013 – Delphi’s 18th birthday celebration – ongoing innovations and new multi-.... [...]
Wednesday, 27 November 2013
[...] Per l’occasione segnalo anche il post ufficiale di Embarcadero http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2013/02/14/42557/. [...]
Sunday, 8 December 2013
установил RAD Studio xe5, законнектился по сети к маку, в который по усб подключен Iphone 4S
выполнил все инструкции по настройке.
Имеется аккаунт разработчика.
Все нормально работает на моём телефоне, при запуске приложения с винды, результат вижу в телефоне.
Вопрос: не работает на другом телефоне, то же самой модели. с другим аккаунтом.
что можно сделать чтобы приложение загрузить на другой телефон?
Заказчик хочет видеть результат работы на своём телефоне.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments
- Page :
"VCL style support for Ribbon Controls"???
There are 3 VCL Styles that look like the 3 styles you can choose between on the ribbon - all of them stuck at the Office 2007 style. The ribbon is not skinned by the VCL Styles skinning system.