31 XE3 quick videos in 31 days - Oct20 - Multi-Tier Multi-Platform AppDev using DataSnap and TMS Grid for FireMonkey
Additional information about DataSnap, building multi-tier applications, LiveBindings and TMS Software's Grid for FireMonkey can be found using the following URLs:
- Building Multi-Tier Applications with DataSap - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Developing_DataSnap_Applications
- Multi-Platform Application Development - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Developing_Cross-Platform_Applications
- TMS Software's TMS Grid for FireMonkey Developers Guide - http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/manuals/TMS%20Grid%20for%20FireMonkey.pdf
- Deploying FireMonkey Applications to the Mac - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Mac_OS_X_Application_Development
- LiveBindings - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/LiveBindings_in_RAD_Studio
- LiveBindings Designer - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/LiveBindings_Designer
- JSON - http://www.json.org/
Note: I edited the video and this blog post while on American Airlines Flight 1912 from San Jose Airport (SJC) to Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW) using the GoGo inflight Internet service. I will update the URLs for the video download and watch on YouTube when I have faster bandwidth to upload the videos. This will happen either during my stop over at DFW or when I reach my final destination in Sao Paulo Brazil for our Embarcadero Delphi Conference 2012.
October 20 - Multi-Tier Multi-Platform Windows and Mac Application Development using RAD Studio
XE3, LiveBindings, DataSnap and the TMS Grid for FireMonkey
Watch on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2aVGg-rQjo
Duration: 8 minutes and 58 seconds
For additional product information go to http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio and http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsfmxpack.asp.
Sunday, 21 October 2012
maqiang: I am creating a new video each day in October. For October 20, I finished editing the video and uploaded it to CodeCentral on jet from San Jose to Dallas. Unfortunately, I did not have time to also upload to YouTube until I got here in Sao Paulo after a 10 hour flight and some rest. Oct 20 and 21 videos are now both up on my blog, on CodeCentral and You Tube. This is as fast as I could put them up in this case because of the long plane flight and slower bandwidth in my hotel in Brazi. I hope you are enjoying them.
Let me know if there are other topics I should cover in the quick video series
Sunday, 21 October 2012
Allen - you can always create a DataSnap method on your server that would receive the parameter(s) and then on the server you could save the parameter values in the SQL Query component, re-fire the query and then back in the DataSnap client - refresh the metadata and data. I will try this myself and let you know - will be a good quick video
Please login first in order for you to submit comments
- Page :
I was trying to set up a datasnap connection like this only I wanted to pass parameters. I set up the a tquery on the server, then providers on each side. From the tclientdataset I tried to "Refresh Parameters" and it gave me an access violation. Is it possible to use parameters through the datasnap connection?